POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 02:37:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632478
  • Total Topics: 47901
  • Online Today: 262
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 1
Guests: 186
Total: 187

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I can't believe people forgot this  (Read 536 times)

Offline randym431

I can't believe people forgot this
« on: October 08, 2008, 04:54:07 AM »
Or that he has the nerve to even run.
The nerve to call Obama elitist.
Or the nerve to call himself a maverick.
Or that voters are so brain dead and rally around him.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/invite/keatingvideo

Offline Joe K

• Global Moderator
Re: I can't believe people forgot this
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2008, 10:54:27 AM »
Hey Randy,

I share your frustration with McCain and it should be damning that he is the best the GOP could find to run.  He has consistently demonstrated the same stubbornness and "shoot from the hip" as W and we all know how well that has worked.  His own remarks, scare the hell out of me, because I believe he would be even more aggressive than W and no doubt, would inflame tensions worldwide.

He seems unable to grasp the fundamentals of the situation we are in right now.  He thinks that wars are fine and that victory (according to whom?) is more important than solving the conflict.  I image that if we were "winning" in Iraq, he would be happy to leave, but things are bleak.  So rather than work at solving the issues, say by promoting diplomacy and opening the lines of communication, he holds onto that Bush Doctrine that America can do as she pleases, the world be damned.

He also has little grasp of fundamental math.  How exactly do you help the federal budget, by cutting $18 billion in earmarks with one hand, while extending $300 billion in tax cuts with the other.  We have two wars that are draining billions each month and he is in no hurry to end any of them.  The very fact that he has supported the Iraq war, from its inception, should disqualify him as a viable candidate.  America was lied to about Iraq and even when that became public, McCain refused to change his opinion, nor support.  He is a W clone.

I also laugh each time he refers to himself as a maverick, because he obviously does not even know the meaning of the word.  The word maverick refers to the Maverick family of Texas.  When they moved to Texas, they refused to brand their cattle, and those cattle became known as mavericks, because they had no brand.  John McCain was branded a Republican decades ago, and since a maverick cannot be branded, John is a liar.

And that last point is what I believe is so important.  I have been following this election very closely and I know lies when I hear them.  McCain/Palin have taken up the Rove handbook, where truth is of little importance.  Yes, I remember the Keating Five, but more importantly is that I remember that McCain has voted against women's rights, alternative energy development and supported the deregulation of the financial sector, first proposed by his buddy Phil (America is a nation of whiners) Gram.  He always has and still promotes tax cuts for the wealthy as being fair, as we have pozzies dying while waiting for live saving medications through ADAP.

He cannot even remember how many homes he owns, so who is he kidding when he says he relates to the average American?  So when he calls Obama elitist, I think that is really code for uppity.  Did anyone catch the phrase he used when referring to a vote, where he said "that one" voted for it (while pointing at Obama) while he did not?  "That one"???  That one WHAT???

Once he said that, I knew where his true heart lies.  I have seen the truth about John McCain AND IT IS UGLY111

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.