POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 01:48:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642913
  • Total Topics: 48913
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: just venting  (Read 3112 times)

Offline Paulette

just venting
« on: September 29, 2008, 05:46:59 PM »
well it has been a while. and just when i thought it couldn't get any worse it did. i lost my health insurance, because they said i made too much money and so now what. I'm kind of relieved that i no longer  have to take the meds, because I'm just so sick and tired of taking them, maybe I'm giving up. i don't really know and i don't really care. 

After losing my husband to cancer back in Feb. i finally tried to move on and was rejected. man that hurts. maybe i shouldn't look for a neg. guy. but i don't don't trust positive guys. damnit that's how i got this little bug.

and the only ones that are interested is losers anyways.

just venting i hope all understand
Paulette
I have HIV; it doesn't me;)

Offline Snowangel

Re: just venting
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »
Paulette-
Sorry to hear you have been dealt another blow.  Please try and contact your local ASO and see if they can help you with your meds.  Think about how much your girls need you.  You can and will get past this.
We are here for you.
Snow
Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important

The heaviest thing you can carry is a grudge..

One thing you can give and still keep...is your word.

One thing you can't recycle is wasted time.

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2008, 07:06:20 PM »
Hi Paulette~

Sorry to hear that things are weighing in on you.  You say you no longer have to take the meds, I'm assuming that's because you can't afford them bec of the loss of insurance?  Are you well off and making too much money, or are you making too much money to qualify for state-assisted insurance?  I would advise you to contact your local health dept to get meds and continued treatment, or if you have the means to, buy your own insurance.  You HAVE to have health care with this bug.  Check on ADAP in your state.  If you make too much to qualify for that, then perhaps you can afford insurance?  I'm not sure.  I didn't know about ADAP until last year and to think I had been widowed and paying for meds all this time!

As for moving on....oh boy oh boy.  My hubby died in '96 and since then I have kissed tons of toads and am in my 4th LTR.  Don't kick yourself.  I agree, meeting a poz guy IS difficult, as I have only met four.  Three were one date only guys and the fourth was last summer, for a few weeks, and it didn't work out either.  I have been with a neggie for 11 months now.  Anyway, I would suggest dating socially just so you can get out and mingle.  Sure, date neggies.  That's all I did, and over the years I got stronger about disclosing.  If a guy rejected me after a few dates and my disclosure, I would just be excited with anticipation about who I would meet next.  It got to be entertainment in its purest form for me. :D  Its going to take time to get over the loss of your husband and to deal with all of the emotions that go with it.  Just be social, meet people and don't expect much more.  Oh, and be PICKY about who you meet.  No need to be with any weirdos!  Learn to weed them out!  ;)

Most importantly, make sure you don't go off any HIV meds you're supposed to be on.  There are plenty of resources in our communities, a bunch I didn't even know about until I was unemployed and on my last leg in 2007.  Hang in there and join us in the Ladies' Thread, we all miss you!   :-*

~ Cindy
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline Sweet_C

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 08:46:57 PM »
(((((Paulette))))))  So sorry that you're going through a rough patch.  I hope things start looking up.
Tested positive on September 11, 2008

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2008, 10:10:40 AM »
Paulette, please contact your ASO about getting coverage for your meds.  Your kids really do need you and it would be unfair to them to stop trying.

About a man, where is it written in stone that a woman has to have a man to be complete?  We really don't have to be in relationships to have satisfying lives.  There are other things.

Good luck.
  Luv,
Betty
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

tendai

« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 10:26:31 AM »
((((((((((PAULETTE))))))))))
i hope your ASO can help you out.
u'll meet the right man when the time is right

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.