POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 21, 2014, 08:31:21 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23510
  • Latest: yuanti
Stats
  • Total Posts: 639631
  • Total Topics: 48549
  • Online Today: 210
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 138
Total: 140

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Yet More Butt Issues  (Read 657 times)

Offline RobbyR

Yet More Butt Issues
« on: November 19, 2013, 12:13:49 PM »
This has been the year of the butt problem for me. First I had an infected polyp inside that was bleeding, had to have general surgery to have it taken out. No big deal. Healed up. But now, ever since October, I'm having this ripping, stinging pain on the right side of my anus when I go to the bathroom. It feels like a tearing, or stinging, when I pass stools. Nice, huh. Anyway, there's been a tiny bit of spotting on the tissue here and there with it. I've done all the proper things, eating lots of fiber, drinking water, using wet tissue instead of dry to clean, moving around a lot, etc. Sometimes, the pain is worse, sometimes better. Last week, I had a few days of relief, the pain went away for 4 days but came back again.

I went to see my colorectal surgeon, he did a visual exam back there. I asked him about a fissure, he said it there might or might not be one, but pretty much didn't seem to think it's a big deal. He said I have two small skin tags, but that it would be more trouble & hassle to remove than to leave them alone. That was pretty much it. He just told me to eat a ton of fiber & apply vaseline to the area. I'm doing that. I've been soaking in warm water daily, also. The pain is not there all the time at all. It's only when I actually pass stool or shortly thereafter. No pain with urination at all. It feels like it's coming from the right outside part of my bum. Maybe from one of the skin tags. I touch the area, and it feels sore & tender to the touch on one of the skin tags. I looked at it with a mirror, but saw nothing to show that anything was bleeding. Nothing looks out of the ordinary to me. Sometimes when I go, due to the pain on that side, I spread my buttcheeks apart a bit to relieve the friction. This just sucks.

So what should I do? The weird thing is, I'm a top. I haven't bottomed in over 4 years. Or been rimmed. Or fingered or anything back there. Nothing. I had the surgery to remove the polyp in March, but as of July, it had totally healed up and I was good to go, they said. Plus, that was on the inside. This feels like it's on the outside, around the opening.

All I can figure is, I had a bout of constipation around the time this started, last month, and I strained a bit, maybe that's what did it. But I've always been a fast healer, surprised this hasn't healed yet.

Maybe I need some type of medicated cream? So far all I've used is Vaseline, warm water, cold compresses, etc. Is there some type of steroid cream that I could put on that could make it heal up?

I called my doctor's office this morning to try to get in to see someone. It's to the point now where I dread to go to the bathroom because of the pain. But if I see the doc, what if they just tell me the same thing the colorectal doc did.

Just wondering if anyone on here has experienced this? I don't think it's hemmroids, because the colorectal doc never said I had them at all. Is there any kind of good over the counter thing I can use to make this heal?

I did test positive for low-grade HPV, on a pap last year, probably from my past years as a bottom, but don't think that would cause this tearing/stinging sensation when I go. This has been pretty recent, never had this before.

Thanks for anyone who can give me some advice. Hopefully I'll get in to see a doc this week.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2013, 12:21:29 PM by RobbyR »
Started Atripla August, 2010.

Offline Theyer

• Current ambition. Walk the Dog .
Re: Yet More Butt Issues
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2013, 01:38:25 PM »
You are doing all that I would off thought off to advise and more. I would add to be sure you leave the doc you are going to see in no doubt that this is getting you down.

Good luck with it all
m
"If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people ."  Tony Benn

Offline buginme2

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2013, 02:15:25 PM »
 Probably a fissure.  Ask  for some nitro glycerin cream, apply twice a day for two weeks.  should take care of it.

Offline xrel0aded

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2013, 03:37:28 PM »
I feel your pain. I've had thrombost hemmoroids on and off for a year so. Lots of bleeding..not fun. I hope your condition gets better.

Offline RobbyR

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2013, 04:32:24 PM »
This is just driving me nuts, I had one surgery earlier this year for the polyp, now this painful thing. It's sending me into a deep depression & I am already bipolar.

Is there a chance it could be an std? I've not had any receptive anal sex in years. And recent tests were negative. My colorectal surgeon didn't give me anything, no cream, no medicine. He just said put Vaseline on it & warm baths. I've been trying that. It's not getting any better.

Going to see my primary tomorrow, hope he can give me something. The pain there is pretty bad when I go, it's like a stinging. And always a small bit of blood on paper. I'm so sick of this.

I don't have reason to believe it's hemmoroids, because nobody has ever indicated to me that I have them. I do have skin tags. But maybe a fissure is the cause.

Should I ask for anusol, valtrex, nitro glycerin cream? Just need something for the pain & irritation there, & to get this darn thing to heal up. It's already been a month.
Started Atripla August, 2010.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.