Main Forums > Living With HIV

Cat scratching?

(1/7) > >>

Rabbit:
Dear all,

I have a question that you may think i am nuts. I want to keep some cats at home. I love cats but my lover is HIV positive  and we are going to keep some cats in our house next year. However, last night I went to my teacher's house and I saw a group of cats. They were very playful and kept playing never getting tired. They pretented to be tigers and sudently  catched, chewed and scratched my hands, my legs. They also did the same to others in my techer's house. Today, I see many scratchs on my hands and legs. and I wonder wether  we would be infected if a cat sratchs someone with HIV and then scratchs us? This is more serious than pricking with a needle.

I thank you very much and hope to hear from you soon.

Tigercub

Ann:
Tiger,

I'm going to move this thread over into the Living forum. As I've mentioned to you before, you may post there with your concerns about your hiv positive partner and all that your relationship with him entails.

The only time I would ask that you return to the Am I Infected forum is if you have questions about your own hiv status.

Thanks.

Hiv cannot be transmitted via cat scratches.

Ann

RapidRod:
There is no risk. Not by cats,dogs, or mosquitoes.

Matty the Damned:
Tiger,

Goderator Ann and Roddles are quite right. There is no HIV risk from cat scratches.

MtD

ademas:
Are you asking about HIV transmission or threat of an infection, such as Toxioplasmosis?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version