POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 23, 2014, 12:15:30 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650186
  • Total Topics: 49633
  • Online Today: 164
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 137
Total: 141

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 8 States Lose HIV Surveillance Funding  (Read 1097 times)

Offline pozguy75

• POZitively Speaking
8 States Lose HIV Surveillance Funding
« on: August 23, 2008, 09:10:59 AM »
I ran across a story this morning stating that, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Missouri, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Tennessee and Puerto Rico have all lost collectively $3 million for HIV surveillance. So, I posted the story to my blog, and I am thinking that the timing on this is just awful. I mean with the CDC releasing that infection rates are 40 percent higher than originally thought.

Dx 2005
ATRIPLA

Offline planonstaying

• Hiv is the FOX,tcells the rabbit, CALL the HOUNDS!
Re: 8 States Lose HIV Surveillance Funding
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2008, 01:02:04 PM »
The funds will be the same. Those states will just loose the funds to track infection dates. That seems fairly innoccous for an administration hostile to  public funds  being used   for domestic HIV{Ryan White}. I wonder what the infection rate was in the places they dropped?  It would be more like the  poltics over science crowd to drop high reporters to influence future numbers and  therefore limit future expenditures. In fact i would be shocked if that wasn't the case given the track record  of scientific agencies the last 8 years. I wonder if there is a way to find out? Anyone have any ideas?
If someone tells you  potential consequences of a behavior  it  doesn't  mean they jude you or mit    they may just give a shit about you

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2008, 01:07:47 PM »
your telling me I'm in Oklahoma do you have the link to the story I'd like to read it

Here in OK the rate is rising fast this is the bible belt and some would rather shut their eyes to what is happening here, getting out and educating is really hard there are some major rules as to what can be said and to who depending on age groups and condoms are allowed to be giving out if asked we can give them but we can not hand them out! one of the problems with that some of the younger kids that are sexually active will not ask
 but are likely to use if they have them if they have them!
that's is just my take I do alot of educating and its just really tough when you cant truly be to the point and educate on what will save our young people from harm! I keep going and keep pushing someday I'll get through to someone and things will changed!
FYI Oklahoma has the HIGHEST rate for Syphilis in the US
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 01:18:12 PM by 100proofBrandy »
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2008, 01:25:11 PM »
your telling me I'm in Oklahoma do you have the link to the story I'd like to read it

NY Times
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline 100proofBrandy

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2008, 01:31:17 PM »
thanks
The person you educate today maybe the one you save tomorrow :)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.