POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 05:11:35 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 642970
  • Total Topics: 48921
  • Online Today: 252
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Anyone awaiting "THE TEXT"  (Read 1623 times)

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
Anyone awaiting "THE TEXT"
« on: August 22, 2008, 02:29:41 PM »
The suspense is just killing me.  Who will Obama pick?  Didn't sign up for the text because I didn't want to get texts from the campaign from now unit November so I am constantly checking online for the announcement.  I can't believe an "unnamed Obama official" hasn't leaked any news.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Anyone awaiting "THE TEXT"
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 08:31:04 PM »
You know, I was just thinking about this very same thing today.  My internet News Provider sez...

Obama Prolongs VP Suspense

in other news, Cowell Bored with "Idol", "New" Bachelor is recycled, Spice Girl Pregnant, Is Oprah sick of being on the cover of her own magazine?  This is a dull day for NEWS but, I am intrigued with the 4 Eared Cat story.   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline aliveinla

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 08:36:29 PM »
This makes me dislike politics more. Why can't he just come out and tell us who the VP is if he already made the pick???!!! Why? Why can't they just be straight forward with us?

But Obama is still the less of the two evil of course. The other guy didn't even answer how many houses he has, so dumb.
4/24/07: Last tested Neg
1/22/08: First tested Poz
1/30/08: CD4 393; 28%; VL: 44k
3/18/08: CD4 218; 26%; VL: 222K
4/24/08: CD4 402; 26%; VL: lab forgot
7/22/08: CD4 405; 25%; VL: 6,780
10/15/08: CD4 340, 26%; VL: N/A
2/4/09: CD4 394, 26%; VL: N/A
Jun 09: CD4 300, 25%; VL: 4000
Oct 09: CD4 324, 23%, VL: 10K
11/22/09: started Atripla
11/20/11: CD4 405; VL: UD

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 08:44:48 PM »
I received a TEXT when Ricky Martin gave birth to twins the other day.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 09:01:16 PM »

I was on Santa Monica Blvd., the day they gave him a parade.  There was a very cute Hispanic boy, wearing a thong and doing a celebration in dance to Livin La Vita Loca, on a table at The Rage.  There was not one person watching the parade on the monitors.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2008, 12:52:35 AM »
CNN just confirmed the selection of Sen. Biden as VP from 3 separate sources within the Democratic Party.

Offline randym431

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 04:18:08 AM »
Yep its Joe!
Already I see some interesting reactions.
My sister, a pro Nader 2000, anti Kerry 2004 and always anti Bush, was actually excited about Obama's picking Joe. He's like a no BS straight shooter that many lost and disgruntled voters rally around.
If Joe energizes those non party affiliated Nader supporters, then it may get interesting.
If these Nader supporters had voted for Gore in 2000, we'd never see the likes of GW in the big house
on the hill.

Offline woodshere

• ain't no shame in my game
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2008, 10:36:25 AM »

Damn, now that is news, how do I sign up.... :)

As far as Biden, not very exciting to me, but most likely a neccessity.  I just wonder how long it will be till the staffs are explaining some major gaff he made.  Funny how things change, when he ran for President the first time it was such a big deal  he lifted a speech of someone else.  For that matter how come we never hear about the Keating episode and John McCain?

BTW, time to update the spell check with Biden.
"Let us give pubicity to HV/AIDS and not hide it..." "One of the things destroying people with AIDS is the stigma we attach to it."   Nelson Mandela

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2008, 08:06:00 PM »
Woods, stop repeating everything you hear from your Log Cabin friends in Kentucky.  Biden credited that passage in his speech EVERY TIME except one, and it just happened to get caught on video and then circulated (actually by the Dukakis campaign it was later learned).

Offline Assurbanipal

• Taking a forums break, still see PM's
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:28 PM »
Woods, stop repeating everything you hear from your Log Cabin friends in Kentucky.  Biden credited that passage in his speech EVERY TIME except one, and it just happened to get caught on video and then circulated (actually by the Dukakis campaign it was later learned).

Are the Log Cabin guys really playing up the Keating 5 stuff?  I think THAT still has a lot of room to come back and explode especially given that McCain seems to have a general case of real estate amnesia, doesn't understand the economy ...
5/06 VL 1M+, CD4 22, 5% , pneumonia, thrush -- O2 support 2 months, 6/06 +Kaletra/Truvada
9/06 VL 3959 CD4 297 13.5% 12/06 VL <400 CD4 350 15.2% +Pravachol
2007 VL<400, 70, 50 CD4 408-729 16.0% -19.7%
2008 VL UD CD4 468 - 538 16.7% - 24.6% Osteoporosis 11/08 doubled Pravachol, +Calcium/D
02/09 VL 100 CD4 616 23.7% 03/09 VL 130 5/09 VL 100 CD4 540 28.4% +Actonel (osteoporosis) 7/09 VL 130
8/09  new regimen Isentress/Epzicom 9/09 VL UD CD4 621 32.7% 11/09 VL UD CD4 607 26.4% swap Isentress for Prezista/Norvir 12/09 (liver and muscle issues) VL 50
2010 VL UD CD4 573-680 26.1% - 30.9% 12/10 VL 20
2011 VL UD-20 CD4 568-673 24.7%-30.6%
2012 VL UD swap Prezista/Norvir for Reyataz drop statin CD4 768-828 26.7%-30.7%

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2008, 08:23:08 PM »
I'm sure Keating 5 is sitting in reserve once McCain tries to have fun with Rezko.  Obama's not been shown to have done anything wrong, whereas McCain actually took trips on Keating's jets and didn't report it, etc. plus he was rebuked by the Senate.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2008, 09:29:22 PM »
I love Joe Biden, I think he's a great choice.

Offline Miss Philicia

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2008, 09:39:29 PM »
Indeed.  As you may know, Wilmington, DE is actually part of the greater Philadelphia metropolitan area and as part of our media market Biden is widely known and covered here, so I'm more than comfortable and happy with the selection.  He'll also firm up voting hopefully in this area (the city itself is very pro-Obama, but as you move outwards in the exburbs it's iffier) and if he can deliver Scranton/LeHigh valley then PA is sewn up. 

Too much is made of this "gaffe" stuff (especially considering that McCain is ten times gaffe prone lately) and Biden is actually an amazing speaker, and a great campaigner.  He's QUITE aggressive.

Also, let's not forget why the race is so tight -- the latest polls showed fully HALF of Clinton supporters have not committed to Obama.  Now, they're primary reason for supporting Clinton over Obama was "experience" so that argument is kind of out the window with the Biden selection, isn't it?  We'll see if that was just a fig-leaf argument for "I want a woman" which I'd suspect is the case for some of these folks, but not all of them.  I still can't fathom being a "I want a woman" voter and voting for McCain though... he can't even talk about birth control.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 09:41:45 PM by philly267 »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.