Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Hemp Oils: Cure for Cancer +

<< < (6/7) > >>

leatherman:

--- Quote from: hellrider on January 26, 2013, 11:41:35 AM ---but I live 70 miles away and it was to cold and snowy and I didnt want to drive that far into Cleveland Ohio,

--- End quote ---
I can understand that. I had to "suffer" for many years when there was only 1 homophobic hateful ID doctor down in Canton. Although it was "only" 55 miles up to Cleveland, if it was snowing/icy or you're dying of teh aids or you didn't have transportation, it might as well be as unattainable as a million miles away.

getting proper medical care in proper time can be very difficult when one lives in a rural area or is located a far distance from medical treatment. If often means that the patient has to try harder, relocate, or put forth more energy to get the care they need. I hope that you can get good medical attention soon. ;)

mecch:

--- Quote from: hellrider on January 26, 2013, 11:41:35 AM ---Its the VA system, I was supposed to go to an appt. but I live 70 miles away and it was to cold and snowy and I didnt want to drive that far into Cleveland Ohio, so I had to cancel and the wouldnt reschedule me for 3 more weeks. I have tried being vocal but was told being vocal could get me locked up for being what they call looney. I tried the emergency room to no avail just ointments

I did go from darunavir to reyataz and it did help a little, darunavir has sulpha. I also have or am now looking into a gluten allergy as  well and I did find that some meds have glutens as well, I havent found the listings as of yet. I do tell my doc but his reply was I have a degree and you dont or the lovely thats not it. Honestly I am well informed, but I can only go when my doc allows it.

--- End quote ---

Did you accept the appointment for 3 weeks time?  3 weeks is a lot better than a year, a year and a half.

It sounds like a lot of difficulties with allergies, and that is a pity.  But no ID doctor is going to sit by and watch a person's CD4 fall from well in the healthy zone, to the danger zone.  If one doctor brushes you aside, or rubs you the wrong way, you have to somehow make some noise to see another.  If a doctor labels you a looney, that is his/her problem.  Even if you were a looney, which you aren't, you still deserve EFFECTIVE viral control.  If you are adherent, then it must be resistance to the one you are on. 

Also, if you are in the danger zone -200, you should be evaluated to see if you need prophylaxic treatments to prevent infections.

If you are slipping through the cracks, is there someone you can turn to who can help advocate for your treatment?  Are there social workers and/or HIV/AIDS organisations you can contact? 

hellrider:
I do make my appointments 99% of the time, I started different meds in late September I believe and blood draw in early November. I was told I dont have many options when it comes to meds is what my last doc said. I do try to keep up but dang this week was rough from warm to extreme cold maybe tats also a cause but this new med. Darunivir was really bad and this new drug I am not sure about but te VA isnt good about returning calls.

mecch:

--- Quote from: hellrider on January 26, 2013, 03:40:11 PM ---I do make my appointments 99% of the time, I started different meds in late September I believe and blood draw in early November. I was told I dont have many options when it comes to meds is what my last doc said. I do try to keep up but dang this week was rough from warm to extreme cold maybe tats also a cause but this new med. Darunivir was really bad and this new drug I am not sure about but te VA isnt good about returning calls.

--- End quote ---

Yes we understand that it is a difficult contact, you and the VA.  But I find it odd that you are "out of options". I have not heard of anyone recently who can't find effective viral control.  Something is rotten in Denmark.  But you shouldn't suffer.  I'm going to pm some people who know more about this now to see if someone else can give you some good advice.  I am really worried that you have fallen through the cracks.

hellrider:
I do stay in the dark all day in a dreary setting, I do have problems with no solutions from my staff of docs. Ahhh to be able to get outdoors and ride horses and tinker outside in the garden.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version