POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 02, 2014, 02:01:01 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640733
  • Total Topics: 48671
  • Online Today: 200
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 4
Guests: 127
Total: 131

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I skipped one Atripla dose!!  (Read 2067 times)

Offline David H.

I skipped one Atripla dose!!
« on: August 13, 2008, 01:27:49 PM »
Ive been with Atripla for 34 days, my firs time in meds since 3 years diagnosed, and i was doing really fine: My VL droped inmediatly to less than 50. BUT last night i fell sleep and forgot my dose!! I realised at 10 this morning. My doc is on holidays and my pharmacy told me not to catch up by taking it at 11 or noon, just to skip it, and back to normal tonite. Did i do the right thing?? Will this spoile the whole adherence or develope resistance?? Im very worried (kicking my self, basicallyy) and would appreciate any tip

Offline keyite

Re: I skipped one Atripla dose!!
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 01:47:45 PM »
Striving for adherence is of course important but I think you can probably take some comfort from knowing you are already undetectable (so the chance of virus mutating to resist medication is slim). Also, as far as I know, the drugs in Atripla hang around in the body a long time, so chances are there will enough active drug around to prevent virus rebounding, even for 48 hrs.

If you don't already then I'd recommend using the alarm function on your mobile phone to alert you when it is time for meds - this works very well for me, is loud enough to wake me up and if other people are around I can pretend it is a call or text msg. Using it this way has kept my adherence very good.

In other words, I don't think you need to worry too much, as long as you don't make a habit of forgetting.. ;)
« Last Edit: August 13, 2008, 01:49:23 PM by keyite »

Offline David H.

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 02:24:03 PM »
Thanks a lot for your words, and for the GREAT idea about the alarm!! i just set it on my movile. Is very much appreciated :)

Offline BB

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2008, 06:07:20 AM »
I do that sometimes but, I take the missed dose right away. Then I start backing up the clock by three hours each time for the next dose until I get back to about the original time I take my meds. Also, I don't take my meds at the same time each day. Instead I shoot for a block of time like "evening" which could be between 5pm to 10pm. So when it gets dark out side I take my meds. It works for me instead of waiting for a set time. Best of luck.
Damn the Torpedoes! Full speed ahead! Adm. D. Farragut.

Started Atripla 8/18/06 and if I eat the right food when I take my meds, I get to go on a-trip-la.

Offline Desertguy

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 11:35:39 PM »
Hi David
I have been on Atripla for 10 months now undetectable but took me several months to get there My counts weren't the best when I started.  My Doc told me that I can't miss more than 1-2 does per month but try not to miss any.  She told me if I do miss take it as soon as I remember but to not double up.  I missed one nite last falll I took it in the morning was a little rough for a few hours because it knocks me on my ass.  I try to take mine between 9 & 10 pm each nite  but have fallen asleep & woke up to take it like 1-2 am.  I also set my alarm on my cell phone you can set it  every day at the same time.  I also set the pill out & set it on the nite stand so if I do wake up & its gone I know I have taken it if its there I take.  The 7 day pill boxes work pretty well  also.

Good Luck Man

Offline jgs

« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2008, 09:29:41 PM »
David...
     Was in the hospital for a month after an auto accident...one week without atriple (it was sitting in my room's fridge but couldn't get to it, busted hip...long story) but my numbers before and after were basically the same...so, wouldn't stress about it too much.  My doc says to always pass on it if you miss and just start per normal next night.  Couldn't take it in the morning as it would knock me on my ass...
     Take care...john

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.