POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 04:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 22265
  • Latest: SCCL
Stats
  • Total Posts: 621316
  • Total Topics: 46810
  • Online Today: 242
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: football is out (thank God) and baseball is in  (Read 1125 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
football is out (thank God) and baseball is in
« on: July 28, 2008, 07:06:14 PM »
Next Monday, Mini will start baseball practice.  Her uniform is complete with a pink glove and pink cleats - Did you expect less?  Her coach is the same fella who coached #2's Spring League team.  As far as we know, she'll be the only girl on her team.  Now we just need to figure out how to get her ball cap over her tiara. ::)

Mum (who's still wondering where the time went)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Diagnosed + 1989
Re: football is out (thank God) and baseball is in
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2008, 08:57:04 PM »
Tell Mini good luck and I'll be cheering for her! :-*
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2008, 09:30:57 PM »
Mum Dear,

I ran for Homecoming Queen once in a bar and finished last place.  I did win the Bitch Category hands down and won some cool prizes.

During my run for Queen... I was taking lessons on items of interest such as Tiara Display and Maintenance and was told to Never, Never raise your hand higher than the Tiara.  This applies to both in the convertible on parade and on Second Base.

I really felt sorry for the guy who won Homecomming Queen... He received a sash with Glitter and sequins and one of those Burger King Tiaras and as far as I know, he was riding in the Parade wearing such, for at least three years.

Now, I know you are just waiting to ask... What did the Bitch get in terms of prizes... Condoms, Lube, Bar Tab, and a little make-up (not the important stuff)  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline minismom

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2008, 06:53:02 AM »
Michael, you kill me!  I must learn not to have a mouthful of my morning tea when I read your posts.  We won't have to worry about Little Miss raising her hand above her tiara.  First, it's rather high, and secondly, she's totally horrified of the ball.  In my best guestimation, she'll be so far in the outfield that no one will ever hit to her.  And, we expect many strike outs since it's hard to hit a ball with your eyes closed screaming.  Maybe we should've encouraged football.

Mum (who also doubted that she'd swim acrossed the pool ;))
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2008, 03:33:22 PM »
As a child, they kept me in Right field because only a strong southpaw could hit to the right field and there wasn't one in our town.  They had to let me play.

AS AN ADULT
They wanted me to be on the Pool League and play for this bar called Inn Kahoots... On the first match, I did not call my shot properly and the opposing team got pissy.  We were in a bar called The Brit and I met a tourist who was visiting from another state who said he was hoping to get laid before he left California, (the next morning).  ;) I left before the game was over.

We finally found a place for me in sports  Inn Kahoots had a bowling team and they had a match against another gay bar in Orange County, I went along for the ride because a bowling match was in a bowling alley and every bowling alley has a bar.  I never bowled but drink competitively and Inn Kahoots needed a cheerleader.  I positioned myself to where the balls come out (not the zipper), the thing where the bowling balls come out and cheered my team.

"I sizzle, I Roar, Because I am a Whore, Rah, Rah, Eat me Rah... Yea Team"  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Iggy

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2008, 03:38:34 PM »
Sorry but the blond/polish side of me was just about to raise that the opposite is true as far as professional sports...and then I actually read the post/  ::)

Goooooo Mini!  Hope she gets them all out at base and hits a home run every time at bat.

I'll do my superstitious babesball signs for her (don't ask unless you aren't squeemish about spit in hands and catholic symbols!)

Offline minismom

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2008, 05:59:32 PM »
Boo Boo Man, I can only imagine :P  I hate sports, truly.  We didn't have a telly until Hubby decided he was tired of missing football.  I just plain refuse to watch them.  I went to a highschool without sports and I turned out ok (glares at the nay-sayers).  Last year our oldest played football.  I spent the season bugging Hubby and annoying other parents with my endless questions about a) how the game was played and b) why it was played that way.

Baseball, I get.  Hit the ball, run, catch the ball, throw the ball, try not to hit the kid who's running.  However, I only watch Little League because I love the players. ;)

Mum (who found a patch today of a beautiful crown that will be sewn securly to the back of Mini's uniform cap)
www.watoto.com

Offline YaKaMein

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2008, 06:06:25 PM »
Hey Mum,
a modified quote from a friend:

"the higher the tiara, the closer to God"

am sure little Mini will be adorable as she steps from the dugout.
09/11 Endocrine Consult
08/11 CD4 328 14.9% VL 0
 Disc'd Bactrim DEXA -3.1 Tscore
03/11 CD4 338 14.7% VL 0
11/10 CD4 300 14.3% VL 0 <20copies
07/10 CD4 336 14.0% VL 0 DEXA -2.7 Tscore
03/10 CD4 308 13.4% VL 0 Vit D normal
01/10 Began FOTO
11/09 CD4 274 13.7% VL 0 Chol 173 Trig 131
07/09 CD4 324 13.5% VL 0 DEXA -3.1 Tscore lumbar
03/09 CD4 207 10.9% VL 0
11/08 CD4 227 10.3% VL 0 Chol 176 Trig 156
04/08 CD4 228 9.5% VL 0
01/08 CD4 194 9.0% VL 0
09/07 CD4 176 8.3% VL 0
03/07 CD4 130 9.5% VL 0 Chol 261  Trig 227
12/06 CD4 109 6.4% VL 0
09/06 CD4  88 5.5% VL und desens'd rtd to Bactrim
08/06  Began Atripla
07/06 CD4  59 5.0% VL 145 Chol 117 Trig 104
06/06  Bactrim rash, X2 Dapsone
 EFV & Truvada Chol 128 Trig 131
05/06 CD4  6 (2.0%) VL 78667 only V179D mutation Dx PC MAC

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.