Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Just found one of the more shocking things associated with HIV

(1/4) > >>

wow1969:
I was diagnosed about a month ago. As a result of my new friend invading my body and setting up home (how can I evict this asshole? he doesn't pay rent but just keeps taking up more and more space) I have been seeking information via the net.

Part of this knowledge acquisition has included joining some online chat groups. That is where I found some pretty messed up people.

How many of you have heard of the "Givers" and "Bugchasers" etc.... ? There are people out there who deliberately want to infect or be infected by this. I'm not saying my life is over because I have HIV but I will say that it has been radically changed in ways not intended nor wanted.

I asked one of them why and he said he wanted to be "free" and that he wanted to "die young." I just don't understand that. The guy I was talking withs parting words were to say "When someone comes to you and asks for the GIFT make sure you give it to them." GIFT that is a joke.

Strangely, of all the things I've dealt with in the last month, this is by far the most unnerving. I actually had nightmares about it last night.

How have the rest of you, if you have dealt with this group, handled it?

Matty the Damned:
Oh honey, you've just gone and kicked over a particularly nasty bucket of shit.

Do a forums search under "bugchaser", "gifter" and/or "seeder" and see what you find. ;)

MtD

komnaes:
That's messy, but while I cannot say this for anyone else, I was engaging in some sort of "bugchaseing" myself.

I didn't join any such chatrooms or online forums (like the few infamous bareback hookup sites), but I did do a fair bit of unprotected sex, fully aware of the fact that I was asking for more than I could handle. I just couldn't pull myself out of it - all the way until my diagnosis and now, being HIV+, I am stick back to using condoms EVEN with other fellow HIVers because I don't want another nasty bug on top of this deadly one.

The whole bugchasing scene is scary, but as an individual we do take risks, and in many cases there are possibly some unsolved issues that are leading us, them to behave stupidly. The same people that say they want to be "free" from the disease by catching it are also some of the recently seroconverts who come to these forums in total panic.

They don't (I didn't) think very hard while they thought they were (I thought I was) having fun, especially the "fun" is only a perverted sense of (sexual) fake fulfillment, very much like a drug that makes them feel numb, creating a deadly hiding place that they felt they could (I could) run away from real life problems that could have been resolved more sensibly.

BT65:
This has been discussed some.  Like the Damned One said, do a search here.  I agree though; it is extremely unnerving.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: komnaes on July 28, 2008, 06:10:10 AM ---
I didn't join any such chatrooms or online forums (like the few infamous bareback hookup sites), but I did do a fair bit of unprotected sex, fully aware of the fact that I was asking for more than I could handle. I just couldn't pull myself out of it - all the way until my diagnosis and now, being HIV+, I am stick back to using condoms EVEN with other fellow HIVers because I don't want another nasty bug on top of this deadly one.

--- End quote ---

Honey, there's worlds of difference between unconscious behavior and active, psycho-babble rationalized conscious bug chasing.  Spend a couple hours perusing the cyber lunacy on bushare.net and you'll see what I mean.  The manner in which they meticulously attempt to justify everything is where they psychosis can be seen.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version