POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 12:05:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631568
  • Total Topics: 47806
  • Online Today: 282
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: I feel hopeful on a Sunday Hallelujah Possible vaccine in five years  (Read 775 times)

Offline bimazek

I feel hopeful on a Sunday  Hallelujah  Possible AIDS vaccine in five years

that is my life, my living with hiv today
that is MY EXPERIENCE of hope

Hallelujah Chorus: Text
|: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! :|
|: For the Lord God Omnipotent reigneth.
The kingdom of this world
And Lord of lords,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=22084.0

Possible AIDS vaccine in five years    http://www.jamaica-gleaner.com/gleaner/20080727/lead/lead10.html
published: Sunday | July 27, 2008

earlier today
i just spoke with my friend on phone i said i was very depressed, i said i was very depressed,
he said he was very very happy this morning and felt great!!!
he has had AIDS for 20 years HE went to MCC church, at gay center,  this morning and he said he took communion and he said it was amazing and very great the best gracious communion that he ever had, and we joked alot about (was he in the bathroom at the time, lol,) [i said he should not be sucking dick in church in bathroom] we just laughed      etc, but there was something in his voice that sounded so so hopeful, so hopeful, so hopeful, he has had all the worst of this epidemic for 25 years lipo, friends dying etc, anyway, he keeps his spirits up, 

i joked with him that was it too late for me to take communion??? (honestly i am an agnostic or athiest or buddist or angry at god or something so not very religious and i never go to church, accept once two years ago when i took some lotto tickets hoping to get them blessed ((3 of 5 lotto tickets won))) but i only got back my 5 dollars,

ANYWAY

we joked and joked as we always do, [the pain]   i said if i got commune the wine would boil [[we laughed for 5 min at that]] and we laughed
and then he said that the communion was so so gracious and the best ever he had in his life, he smokes pot so  he says things like that, anyway, it made me feel hopeful, i told him i was very very depressed and i complained for ten min. about my having hiv and all effects. side effects. mental effects,

THEN
as i often do i went to the computer and i typed in google news and did a search on hiv to see if there were any new announcements and any new news esp. from those conferences they are having in china or mexico or whatever
and this news item was top of google news about that discovery from last week
this was posted before but this new interview seems so so hopeful and the headline shocking  and
EXCLUSIVE interview came up from Univ. of Texas
the scientists seem so so so so so so optimistic

it made me feel like Hallelujah Chorus: Text
|: Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! Hallelujah! :|

it seems so hopeful and confident after so so much bad news lately

so that is my life, my

living with hiv today

that is MY EXPERIENCE of hope and

all of that

my life my experience my living with hiv

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.