POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 20, 2014, 07:35:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 635358
  • Total Topics: 48192
  • Online Today: 269
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Chevy debuts high tech, efficient 2010 Camaro  (Read 2081 times)

Offline lucas clay

Chevy debuts high tech, efficient 2010 Camaro
« on: July 22, 2008, 07:27:06 AM »
Darn sexy car

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080721/BUSINESS01/80721041/&imw=Y

I hate to think what this will cost.

Lucas

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
Re: Chevy debuts high tech, efficient 2010 Camaro
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 11:01:40 AM »
I read about the Camaro in Road & Track magazine. Base model is supposed to start in the mid-20s and will go up to the high-30s with the 400 hp V8. The car looks pretty bad ass. They did a good good up dating the retro style. I particularly like the front head lights.

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:36 PM »
   As an irredeemable gearhead, I love the fact that Chevy, Ford and Dodge have found their way back to musclecars. Though it can be argued that Ford never left, as the Mustang has always remained in production. The Camaro has an available 400hp V8, the Doge Challenger can be had up to 425hp, and the Mustang thumps out 505hp in GT500 form, and if that's not enough, You can get a GT500KR good for 540hp. There is also another version of the GT500 called the Super Snake, with 605 or 725hp available. Corvettes start at 400hp and go up to 639hp, and the Viper offers 620hp. It's almost enough to make me wish I had a real job and would be willing to shell out the $$$ to put one in my garage. If gas mileage matters, then you probably should not be looking at one of these cars. Though to be fair, all but the top 'Vette and Viper are capable of pulling low to mid twenties on the highway, (if you're nice to the gas pedal) Insurance, on the other hand will eat you alive...

CaptCarl (who usually prefers a fast car to an economical one)
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline northernguy

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 01:05:00 AM »
I had to laugh at the article I read yesterday where GM was emphasizing the "gas sipping" qualities of the new Camaro ::)  This car is sexy, as is the new Dodge Challenegr which I saw the other day, but give me a break.  When you look at how large they are, for so little interior space you realize how wasteful they are.  This is what got North American carmakers into the pickle they're in today.  They can't build a fast, fun car that's a whole lot smaller and more efficient.
Apr 28/06 cd4 600 vl 10,600 cd% 25
Nov 8/09 cd4 510 vl 49,5000 cd% 16
Jan 16/10 cd4 660 vl 54,309 cd% 16
Feb 17/10 Started Atripla
Mar 7/10 cd4 710 vl 1,076 cd% 21
Apr 18/10 cd4 920 vl 268 cd% 28
Jun 19/10 cd4 450 vl 60 cd% 25
Aug 15/10 cd4 680 vl 205 cd% 27
Apr 3/11 cd4 780 vl <40 cd% 30
Jul 17/11 cd4 960 vl <40 cd%33
April 15/12 cd4 1,010 vl <40 cd% 39
April 20/12 Switched to Viramune + Truvada
Aug 2/12 cd4 1040, vl <40, cd% 38
Oct 19 cd4 1,110 vl <40 cd% 41

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 09:47:55 AM »
I think muscle cars are a particularly American obsession. The goal in a successful muscle car is torque, speed and growl not interior space or fuel efficiency. You can't really talk about them in terms of practicality- it's like comparing a Harley Davidson with a Vespa. I'm not really a muscle car guy myself but definitely appreciate them. I've always been drawn to small, sporty, mid-engine cars which is why I've had a Fiat X19 and my current Toyota Mr2. I would love to have a Lotus Elise SC: under 2000 lbs, incredible handling, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, wicked styling... and 26 mpg if that matters.

Offline bear60

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 12:38:15 PM »
 think muscle cars are a particularly American obsession. The goal in a successful muscle car is torque, speed and growl not interior space or fuel efficiency. You can't really talk about them in terms of practicality- it's like comparing a Harley Davidson with a Vespa.....quote GSO
So true.....someone I know bought a KIA 4 door sedan and had a spoiler put on the trunk lid....and I am saying to myself......why????????????????
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 06:47:33 PM »
So true.....someone I know bought a KIA 4 door sedan and had a spoiler put on the trunk lid....and I am saying to myself......why????????????????

The same reason people put plastic pink flamingos in front of their mobile home. Gotta express yourself!

Check these out:

http://www.weirdomatic.com/funny-painted-cars.html

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 07:21:45 PM »
When we were kids, you couldn't see a new car before the opening of every dealership in the country.  We were a Corvette family with a 58, 60, & 62 and a totaled 63 in the barn.  I did have to fly out of state for a funeral once and rented a Camaro.  I had asked for a black IROC model and got a fairly fast white one instead.  This car was complete with a nice walnut rolling tray in the console.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael
(who now can only drive a car that costs no more than $500)  If you shop dilligently a $500 car can be found

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline fearless

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 08:20:05 PM »
There is no mention of the Australian exterior design in any of the linked promo article.

Try this for size: http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/ArticleDetail.aspx?ArticleID=55235&vf=26
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 08:40:05 PM »
They can't build a fast, fun car that's a whole lot smaller and more efficient.
   Actually, the thought of trying to palm off the Camaro as a gas sipper IS pretty funnny. But there are American made cars that fit the criteria you put down here, The Saturn Sky Redline/ Pontiac Solstice GXP are great little cars with 260hp supercharged 4 bangers that can nail 30mpg, and are a blast to drive. Also, the PT Cruiser Turbo, and Chevy HHR SS are fun too. The late Dodge Neon SRT/4 was astoundingly fast. The problem is that up until less than a year ago, the market for such cars was minimal. I think that the fun/fast efficient category is going to become very crowded very soon.

I think muscle cars are a particularly American obsession. The goal in a successful muscle car is torque, speed and growl not interior space or fuel efficiency. You can't really talk about them in terms of practicality- it's like comparing a Harley Davidson with a Vespa. I'm not really a muscle car guy myself but definitely appreciate them. I've always been drawn to small, sporty, mid-engine cars which is why I've had a Fiat X19 and my current Toyota Mr2. I would love to have a Lotus Elise SC: under 2000 lbs, incredible handling, 0-60 in 4.4 seconds, wicked styling... and 26 mpg if that matters.

Ford,
   I had an X1/9 for many years. You would never think that a car with only 75hp could be so fun. I would love to have another one someday. There is a student that drives a dark grey Exige (which is a hardtop Elise) to school every day. I love it. The only thing, is if you are over 5'8", have fun getting into it. I sat in one, and at 6'0" it was like being human origami, though I wouldn't mind at all for such a wicked little car
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.