POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 09:22:38 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631643
  • Total Topics: 47816
  • Online Today: 283
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Ghost Hunters  (Read 1041 times)

Offline Texan38

Ghost Hunters
« on: July 09, 2008, 06:08:52 PM »
I'm addicted to this show! And it's spin off "International Ghost Hunters".  They're both on the Sci-Fi channel and they are both such an interesting show to watch!  It's about regular guys (the founders work at Rotor Rooter) that go to places claiming to be haunted trying to disprove them and/or capture any evidence that the place they are investigating is actually haunted.  Some of the evidence they capture on film is creepy, especially the "voices" that are recorded on tape.  Yea, I know it could be all bogus....but it's eerie to think that ghosts actually exist. 
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Oceanbeach

Re: Ghost Hunters
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2008, 06:49:13 PM »
Yea, I know it could be all bogus....but it's eerie to think that ghosts actually exist. 

When I was in college, I worked in a fine dining establishment called the Palace Bar and Grill.  On slow nights, I would read the Guest ledger from the hotel, there were over 100 years of ghost stories reported by guests.  I got my Associates Degree and moved North to Humboldt State University.  I rented a room in a house in Arcata, after reading the local news stories about that house.  It was haunted and I moved in so odd things do happen, you occasionally see someone or something that isn't really there or the circuit breaker goes off while you are studying, I got my Bachelors Degree there.

After living with AIDS in L.A. for a few years, times were hard.  A free house was made available to me in Lake County by family.  It was a small ranch near Clearlake, had been in my family for 30 years.  I was the only adult to ever move into that house, who did not die there.

My mom never lived in the house but she (her ghost) prefers the living room, near the front door.  Cousin Jim died in the living room in the comfy chair.  I covered his chair with a blanket but his ghost preferred the kitchen.  Cousin Ruby raised 4 kids and spent most of her life in the kitchen.  Her ghost preferred the dining room.  Aunt Ruby was an avid gardener and she preferred the garden on the South side of the house.  She actually died in a care facility in Marin.  Her husband Uncle Mel died at Sutter Hospital.  Because of family issues, he, (his ashes) were left in a ring of sea salt and the 4 of us who still practice invoked the Spirit Elements of Earth, Air, Fire, and Water and called on the Queen Goddess of Life and Death, Hecate to ask this spirit never hurt another again.  The next day, the County of Lake paved the road. 

The house is still standing and vacant since I left for Sonoma, 3 years ago.  Aunt Ruby must still be tending the gardens because no one has watered in three years and the flowers still bloom  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

« Last Edit: July 09, 2008, 06:51:07 PM by Sonomabeach »

Online weasel

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2008, 09:08:17 PM »
hey Texan ! ,
                  Ghosts do exist ! I grew up in a haunted house , old Cape Cod , edge of swamp , erie and clanky and bangy
and very off happenings !
 I had a mother with " special " powers ! life was interesting !
 It was NOT until my father passed in 1982 that my mother refused to mention anything about ghosts ever again !
 some of the shows are a little hard to believe , but there is another side .
I have had contact with the other side ,when I was very young , 12ish ! My twin and I would see people nobody else
would , we even saw homes that were long rotten to the ground , after one incident that my father wanted to know where we had been .
I will never forget what we saw , it was real and the people were out in the yard doing gardening and tending horses .
the next day , with our father , nothing was there but remninants of a past farm house and fallen down ruins !
life is more than what we think it is !

Karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline bear60

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2008, 04:52:19 PM »
Well........I've talked to people who had good stories to tell....but have precious few stories of my own.

One which did happen to me is this:
I was working in a house that a friend had an apartment in.  He had told me stories of a woman who walked over and sat on his bed...at night, while he was asleep and the scent of Rose Water would hang around.  Ok I am out in the hallway on a ladder and there are a lot of pictures hanging on the wall of the corridor that led to his apartment.  I said...out loud..."OK if there is someone here I want you to give me a sign."  And a picture fell off the wall.  Really.

Since I have very vivid dreams....I remember them......I have had quite a few about people who have died.  Now I know that in itself is not unusual....but to remember what they say and to be able to repeat it is pretty much unlike all the other dreams I have ( meaning that either I dont pay attention to the dialogue or that there isnt much).  Anyway.......a few days before my Mom died this past October....I was dozing in front of the TV before going to bed.  Suddenly I had this urge to go downstairs to the kitchen and get a pen and paper and write something down.  I remember thinking to myself that I was too half asleep to really know what I was writing and that I'd just take down whatever I was supposed to and read it the next day.  First try...I shook my head....nope thats not right.  Second try ....nope thats not right either ....on the third try....( which I do not remember actually writing but only read it the next day) I wrote:  "The end is near."
So the next day I read this....dont think too much of it.... and a couple of days later my Mom died.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2008, 04:54:03 PM by bear60 »
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Online weasel

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:09 AM »
yes Mr. Bear ,
                     these things do happen !

When my grand Pa was 84 , he had a visit from my Grand Mother Teresa , my Grand Ma died in 1945 !

she said " Mike come upstairs now ,it's time for bed  "

Grand Pa died a week later !

But we all knew he had seen his first wife and I believe his only love !

As much as I do not want to ever leave this world I do believe there is an other world much more exciting !

Be a good Bear ,   Karl
" Live and let Live "

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2008, 03:42:21 PM »
My dear friend Sue, who was once my Case Manager in another county had lived in a house in Crecent City.  She and her husband both said the house was haunted.  He transfered to another city, they sold the house and wished the ghosts would have moved away with them.  ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.