POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 22, 2014, 09:45:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 635754
  • Total Topics: 48233
  • Online Today: 240
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Fuck the Catholics: Matty Storms the Barricades  (Read 2838 times)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
Fuck the Catholics: Matty Storms the Barricades
« on: July 14, 2008, 08:09:13 PM »
Yeah, fuck 'em. Nasty little child molesting idol-worshippers.

The recent antics of some of the world's more energetic Muslims had made me forget just how awful these people are.

The World Youth Day 2008 Juggernaut has rolled into Oz and it's already become more than tedious. The place is crawling with Papist foot-soldiers. Honestly, they've got heads on 'em like rats. Our resident Head Frock Wearer, Cardinal George Pell has already called for a baby-making drive.

It just drives me nuts. Religious weirdos are a bit like KY-jelly. They're fine in their place. I don't mind their carry on when they restrict it to Iran, Malaysia, North Carolina or Iowa but when it gets in my face then it's time to do more than post bitchy missives in internet forums.

So I'm going to don my most annoying activist frock this Saturday I'm going to Sin City (Sydney) to protest the presence of this loathesome cult. I'll be joining this protest most likely though if I can find something a little less declasse I'll jump on that. Unfortunately the NoToPope Coalition is a motlely assortment of Trotskyists, gay Christians and Raelians but it's better than nothing. Hopefully there'll be an SL presence.

Annoying a Mick can result in a $5,500 fine here at the moment and part of me just wants to see how far I can go. I reckon that'll be further than a handful of loaves and some manky old fish. :)

MtD

Offline RapidRod

Re: Fuck the Catholics: Matty Storms the Barricades
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2008, 08:24:54 PM »
Matty finding himself with Christians? Have you taken your temperature today? :D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2008, 09:00:56 PM »
Gay Christians, Roddala, so they don't count. I think they're from the MCC -- so it's fairies playing church. :)

But y'know, my enemy's enemy is my friend and all that.

I'm also considering the prospect of fucking a WYD Pilgrim. If I remember anything from Catholic boarding school, I should have no problems at all. ;D

MtD

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2008, 09:10:11 PM »
I can't wait to hear the follow-up report. :)
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2008, 09:11:53 PM »
ROFL, that was good Matty. Thanks for the smile. If you get thrown in the pokey, let me know and I'll send you some reading material. No it won't be a Bible.  ;)

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2008, 09:14:57 PM »
Doll Face,

If Matteh ends up in the boob, he'll be too busy keeping a 400 lbs Samoan warm to be reading anything other than the graffiti on the wall as his head bangs against the bedframe.

I honestly don't know why people keep ragging out on the Joint. :)

MtD

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2008, 09:19:15 PM »
Oh my gosh. I can't handle this thread any longer. My stomach hurts from laughing. Okay I'll just send you some lube instead.  :D

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2008, 09:20:06 PM »
That's more like it babe. ;)

MtD

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2008, 09:35:35 PM »
LOL...last year two friends and I went to a fancy dress party dressed as Nun's..Nun of this, Nun of that and Nun of the other.. ;D

I still have my costume if you need it, nothing will annoy a Mick more than a man dressed as a Nun in front of the Pope and his idol worshippers...and it would guarantee you some time alone with your Samoan buddy.. ;)

Go Matty.
Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2008, 09:55:18 PM »
Now you mention it Janno, I'm hoping that the Sisters of the Order of Perpetual Indulgence will be there. :)

MtD

Offline GSOgymrat

• HIV+ since 1993. INTJ
« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2008, 10:41:19 PM »
Onward unchristian soldier! I hope the mayhem end up on YouTube.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2008, 10:49:25 PM »
Good News Everyone!

The Federal Court of Australia has just declared part of the New South Wales "Annoyance Regulations" unconstitutional! As soon as a link comes to hand I shall provide it.

MtD :)

Offline fearless

« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2008, 11:12:22 PM »
you beat me too it matty, the laws have been overturned.

the city is crawling with creepy catholics everywhere today. i could harldy get out of my office building as they all head off to the opening mass at Barangaroo where the antichrist paedophole protector himself, George Pell, will be master of ceremonies.

as for shagging one of the little buggers - i'll beat you to it matty.

Question: What is the collective noun for the pilgrims?

Answer: A plague of pilgrims
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline fearless

« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2008, 11:22:50 PM »
Now, where is my rocket launcher?

I reckon I could take out about 50,000 of them from my office window with one shot.

I've also noticed that the church's interpretation of 'Youth' is a lot looser than mine, but then again as the Pope is 81 or something, youth may mean under 60.

Offline fearless

« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2008, 11:57:43 PM »
The images of them all kissing and worshipping the WYD cross made me sick.
It's a piece of wood, for Christs sake - do catholics simply skip over that bit in the bible about worshipping false idols?

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #15 on: July 15, 2008, 12:36:40 AM »
do catholics simply skip over that bit in the bible about worshipping false idols?

Oh they skip over all sorts of inconvenient stuff, doll. Which should come as no surprise since Catholics really aren't proper Christians in the first place.

Don't get me wrong, they're just as obnoxious as Christians, but they ain't the real thing.

The Mary worship is a problem for a start. As my good friend Pastor Harry Hardwick of Landover Baptist Church notes they've elevated Mary as the Diana Ross of their religion whilst poor old Jesus is just one of the Supremes.

Now that's gotta condemn them to the Lake of Eternal Fire. I suppose fucking underage boys doesn't help either.

MtD

Offline fearless

« Reply #16 on: July 15, 2008, 01:48:49 AM »
And now the buggers have defaced the War Memorial. Imagine if us gays had done that!!!

SMH:
Earlier police reported that a Sydney war memorial had been sprayed with graffiti supporting the Pope, as well as other messages.

Police are investigating the attack on the Hyde Park War Memorial between 11.30pm and midnight (AEST) Tuesday.

Three slogans were painted on the eastern side of the memorial, including "Ratzinger rules", apparently referring to the Pope's birth name of Josef Ratzinger.

NSW Police Commissioner Andrew Scipione said the other slogans were: "God bless you diggers" and "Aussie Pommies Seppo's all allies in deed".

"This is a very serious matter," Mr Scipione told reporters.

"Whilst it might not have been derogatory in terms of the words used, we would say this is enormously disrespectful, particularly to our returned servicemen.

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2008, 01:58:26 AM »
Filthy incense huffing bastards. Defacing the War Memorial is baaaaaaaad Ju-Ju.

As promised earlier I've gotta link referring to the ruling from the Federal Court of Australia on the Annoyance Regs:

The Full Bench of the Federal Court ruled the definition of 'annoyance' was too broad and the scope of the laws was uncertain.

It found that in giving the World Youth Day Coordination Authority the power to set the regulations, the Government would not have intended to infringe on freedom of speech.

The court said the law was intended to encourage policing and public safety but could be misused to infringe on people's rights.

However, the court dismissed the second part of the university students' challenge, upholding the section of the regulations that said prescribed items could not be distributed.

(linkage)

MtD

Offline Jody

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2008, 07:53:20 PM »
But Mattala...Are you not aware that the pope represents the very same God who created our entire planet in 6 days and rested on the 7th day- who doesn't need a little day off after all- and who gave us his only son whom the pope represents here on earth???

Shame on you darling, I'm buying you a long red dress dipped in gold and silver trimmings and shipping it down under!!!

Jodala :D
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline MarcoPoz

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2008, 08:55:32 AM »
I can't TELL you how totally excited I was to find this thread!!!!  It's finally all out in the open YAYA!  So this IS the place where we get to disparage Protestants too!  And those annoying little self-igniting Buddhist...and twirling Dervishes ( I mean go counter clockwise just ONCE will ya?), oh and don't get me started on those Jews and how ABOUT them there rag-headed Mohamed freaks,ooh oho..and those Sikhs, I mean cut yer hair...and how about those new-agey Wiccan freaks--they've all gone way too far into the Dork Forest, eh? 

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be able to hold up to public ridicule the spiritual beliefs of others whom I deem as unworthy, brainwashed, unsophisticated boobs...don't they KNOW their faiths are simply another example of the "opiate of the masses"?

Ahhh this feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good to finally put all those who don't believe as I do, in their rightful place---mocked, jeered at and seen as completely void of comprehension of what a TRUE spiritual/religious faith and expression are---poor saps.  I REALLY feel sorry for each and everyone of the misguided bastards--ah well, ya TRY to educate them--but I think there's probably some genetic defect in them compared to me--it just makes them incapable of seeing the ACTUAL truth.

OKOKOKOK--who's next to pick on--C'mom y'all let's get 'em all!  Show us what ya really got.

Oh--wait...maybe what I described above would meet the definition of "bigot"? 

Hmmmm...interesting.

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #20 on: July 16, 2008, 09:22:20 AM »
I can't TELL you how totally excited I was to find this thread!!!!  It's finally all out in the open YAYA!  So this IS the place where we get to disparage Protestants too!  And those annoying little self-igniting Buddhist...and twirling Dervishes ( I mean go counter clockwise just ONCE will ya?), oh and don't get me started on those Jews and how ABOUT them there rag-headed Mohamed freaks,ooh oho..and those Sikhs, I mean cut yer hair...and how about those new-agey Wiccan freaks--they've all gone way too far into the Dork Forest, eh? 

I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be able to hold up to public ridicule the spiritual beliefs of others whom I deem as unworthy, brainwashed, unsophisticated boobs...don't they KNOW their faiths are simply another example of the "opiate of the masses"?

Ahhh this feels sooooooooooooooooooooo good to finally put all those who don't believe as I do, in their rightful place---mocked, jeered at and seen as completely void of comprehension of what a TRUE spiritual/religious faith and expression are---poor saps.  I REALLY feel sorry for each and everyone of the misguided bastards--ah well, ya TRY to educate them--but I think there's probably some genetic defect in them compared to me--it just makes them incapable of seeing the ACTUAL truth.

OKOKOKOK--who's next to pick on--C'mom y'all let's get 'em all!  Show us what ya really got.

Oh--wait...maybe what I described above would meet the definition of "bigot"? 

Hmmmm...interesting.

Oh I get it, your offended.

Darling, we've been dealing with bigotry for a long time, usually at the hands of every group you mentioned.

What you described above is a typical grade school reaction covered in a soooooooo lame attempt at either irony or sarcasm. Neither one succeeding.

typo
« Last Edit: July 16, 2008, 09:39:48 AM by Dachshund »

Offline komnaes

« Reply #21 on: July 16, 2008, 09:43:02 AM »
I'm SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to be able to hold up to public ridicule the spiritual beliefs ...

What, Catholics are spiritual? I was one and left because I thought I was too "spiritual" for the church, and my "spirituality" consists only of very occasional random thoughts that, perhaps, there is no heaven and hell.

If they WERE indeed spiritual and NOT acting like a gang of thuggish moral enforcers that use an imaginary power that they DEEM to be absolute for moral grand-standing, judging other others and ordering us what to and what not to do, I would stop ridiculing them.
Aug 07 Diagnosed
Oct 07 CD4=446(19%) Feb 08 CD4=421(19%)
Jun 08 CD4=325(22%) Jul 08 CD4=301(18%)
Sep 08 CD4=257/VL=75,000 Oct 08 CD4=347(16%)
Dec 08 CD4=270(16%)
Jan 09 CD4=246(13%)/VL=10,000
Feb 09 CD4=233(15%)/VL=13,000
Started meds Sustiva/Epzicom
May 09 CD4=333(24%)/VL=650
Aug 09 CD4=346(24%)/VL=UD
Nov 09 CD4=437(26%)/VL=UD
Feb 10 CD4=471(31%)/VL=UD
June 10 CD4=517 (28%)/VL=UD
Sept 10 CD4=687 (31%)/VL=UD
Jan 11 CD4=557 (30%)/VL=UD
April 11 CD4=569 (32%)/VL=UD
Switched to Epizcom, Reyataz and Norvir
(Interrupted for 2 months with only Epizcom & Reyataz)
July 11 CD=520 (28%)/VL=UD
Oct 11 CD=771 (31%)/VL=UD(<30)
April 12 CD=609 (28%)/VL=UD(<20)
Aug 12 CD=657 (29%)/VL=UD(<20)
Dec 12 CD=532 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
May 13 CD=567 (31%)/VL=UD(<20)
Jan 14 CD=521 (21%)/VL=UD(<50)

Offline Peter Staley

• Founder & Advisory Editor, AIDSmeds.com
    • AIDSmeds.com
« Reply #22 on: July 16, 2008, 11:44:32 AM »
This thread should never have been allowed to stay open this long, and we're locking it now.

We've turned a blind eye to a lot of hate-filled speech directed at religions, and that's going to end.  It is one thing to have an adult discussion (which we still encourage here) about the good and the harm that comes from organized religion (being an atheist, I agree with many in this thread that the harm outways the good), but that's not what this thread is.  This thread is hate speech and ridicule, nothing more.

Fact of the matter is, spirituality and religion have been a saving grace for many HIVers, and these forums must allow room for folks who feel this way.  Plus, we don't tolerate religious dogma in the forums, thus we shouldn't tolerate anti-religion hate speech either.

So this is a general warning to all that we will no longer tolerate threads or posts like this.

Peter Staley
Founder
AIDSmeds.com

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.