Main Forums > In Memoriam

For Louie P. (1956 - 1996)

(1/1)

David_CA:
Every July I think about Louie.  Actually, I think about him often, but July is different.  He died sometime around the 4th of July, 1996, but I'm not sure of the exact date.  I remember coming home from work and finding my ex-wife crying.  She looked at me, and somehow I knew... I saw it in her eyes:  Louie had died.  I hugged her, and we both cried as she told me that Sammy had just called and told her that Louie had died a few days earlier.  She and Louie had worked together for a couple of years, which is how we knew him.  I'd worked for him for about a year.  At that point, his extreme moods, forgetfullness, and just plain meanness were too much to deal with.

There's a lot I would like to say about him, but most of it is only important to me.  In fact, I could write several pages about Louie, but there's no need.  We hadn't seen him in a couple of months, as he had gone back to be with his family in CT.  He'd  come back to town in early '96 to 'tidy things up', as he called it.  He was shriveled... like an old man (he was around 39-40), and had a PIC line in his arm.  We went out to dinner with him.  It's funny, as I remember exactly what he ordered, but I haven't a clue as to what my ex and I had.

From time to time, people around town would ask about him and that if it was true that he had died of AIDS.  I know he was very uncomfortable about anybody knowing his 'secret' in life, so I lied for him and told them that he hadn't.  I'd like to think that things were different in '96 and that, after so many deaths due to AIDS, people were a bit more enlightened and would accept it, but evidently not.  There's one thing I learned from AIDS and his death.  When I die, if it's due to AIDS, I don't want it lied about.

I guess what I really want to say is Louie, we miss you.

howdidigethere30331:
i recently tested neg after convincing myself  I was dying of AIDs, turns out I have a hyperthyroid problem.  But during my scare, I found this site, I've been glued to it every since.  I got so much helpful information here and i feel emotionally invested in the lives and stories of everyone I read. 

I can feel your lose and I want you to know that you are touching people, all over the world by sharing.  I'm sitting here balling like I know Louie, even though i didn't.  Louie may have died of AIDs, but that wasn't his whole life story, just a piece of it.  I hope that he's in a better place now and that you will carry the memory of your friend with you where ever you go. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version