Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Zinc Finger Proteins Put Personalized HIV Therapy Within Reach

<< < (83/92) > >>

freewillie99:
Hmmmmmm......

Tadeys:
"The 4th subject has UD VL persisting for 4 weeks following an
initial peak; TI is on going."   

Does anybody know how much a person's VL would have peaked after 4 weeks of TI under non-sangamo Treatment? Correct me if I am wrong but, does'nt VL peak to pre-Treatment levels by 8 weeks?

sfpvguy41:
Here's the press release.  I am trying to understand (and would love to know from others if they see it) why they believe some in this study of subjects with the Delta-32 heterozygote exhibit the ability to maintain undetectable VL and others not.

Nevertheless the ability to report they have attained viremic control in anyone is pretty amazing and I believe a big step.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2013/09/12/5203805/sangamo-biosciences-announces.html

Dr.Strangelove:
Not sure this answers your question but I think one of the reasons why some patients went UD and others did not is their initial VL:

--- Quote ---The two subjects with UD VL during TI had low HIV set points (VL 3-4000 copies/mL)
--- End quote ---

To go undetectable starting from 4000 copies/ml is a lot easier than when your initial viral load is in the tens of thousands or hundreds of thousands.

Tadeys:
Reduction of Viral Load at or Below Limit of Detection Ongoing at 14 Weeks

Additional Presentations of Preclinical Data at Annual Meeting of European Society of Gene and Cell Therapy (ESGCT)

RICHMOND, Calif., Oct. 28, 2013 /PRNewswire/ -- Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGMO) announced today the presentation of new data demonstrating sustained control of HIV viral load (VL) at or below the limit of detection for 14 weeks (at last measurement) in an SB-728-T- treated HIV-infected subject who was not on antiretroviral therapy (ART). The CCR5 delta-32 heterozygote subject is enrolled in Sangamo's clinical trial (SB-728-902 Cohort 5) and, as part of the clinical trial protocol, is undergoing an ART treatment interruption (TI), which is ongoing.

http://online.wsj.com/article/PR-CO-20131028-902967.html

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version