Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Zinc Finger Proteins Put Personalized HIV Therapy Within Reach

<< < (70/99) > >>

Skydrake:

--- Quote from: Dr.Strangelove on January 16, 2013, 08:06:25 AM ---I completely agree with all you said.

And yes, it wouldn't be unusual for Sangamo to be acquired by a bigger company.
--- End quote ---

Maybe, but something is happening. Today its stocks topped the lists of Biggest Percentage Price Gainers among common stocks on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Besides, tech investors are praising it:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1112651-sangamo-biosciences-a-potentially-revolutionary-2013

Jmarksto:

--- Quote from: Skydrake on January 16, 2013, 05:42:32 PM ---Maybe, but something is happening. Today its stocks topped the lists of Biggest Percentage Price Gainers among common stocks on the Nasdaq Stock Market.

Besides, tech investors are praising it:

http://seekingalpha.com/article/1112651-sangamo-biosciences-a-potentially-revolutionary-2013

--- End quote ---

I would like to see this technology work as much as the rest - however, I have learned that there is very often a wide gap between stock price and achieving market potential for "early entry" companies such as biotechs, clean energy, junior mining, etc.  The stock price of these small companies is subject to being whipsawed by institutional investors that run hot and cold, other investors that "pump and dump" (which is not a sexual reference), and a broader market of smaller investors that don't understand the science or the market. 

I am with geobee - show me the data on viral load and how it applies to the market (population) as a whole. Even then we have more trials to get through which will take more time and more money.

JM

freewillie99:
Up another 6% to a 4x year high on 3x average volume.  Still no news.

Seems like someone thinks CROI will be interesting.

blueballs:
Is this actually real or just another funding scam?

I stopped reading when I saw the word "AIDS virus". AIDS is not a virus, it's a syndrome even I know that and I don't work in medicine?

Tadeys:
blueballs:

A little scepticism is OK when it comes to anything that is claiming a breakthrough. But a little online research also works wounders.

Is this a funding scam? No! Is it going to work in humans IS the question. There is a strong indication that it MIGHT be a revolution in AIDS treatment. Rumors are going around that Phase II results will be given in a few weeks at CROI. Fingers crossed.

-cheers

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version