Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

Zinc Finger Proteins Put Personalized HIV Therapy Within Reach

<< < (67/98) > >>

Jmarksto:

--- Quote from: Ann on October 31, 2012, 03:32:13 AM ---Me too, but the way you put this made me think of those very large blocks of salt some people put out for deer. ;)

--- End quote ---

Ahhh, a salt lick...which would be the appropriate size "grain" for the Koronis KP1461 technology.

JM

Ann:

--- Quote from: Jmarksto on October 31, 2012, 07:27:48 PM ---Ahhh, a salt lick...which would be the appropriate size "grain" for the Koronis KP1461 technology.

JM

--- End quote ---

'Zactly what I was thinking! You really do need a rather large grain of salt when reading many of these cure theories. Not to say we shouldn't hope for a cure some day, but we need to be realistic about it - and keep the salt handy.

geobee:
So I'm being re-screened for the Sangamo trial.  I was DQ'd before because of high bilirubin (I'm on Reyataz) but, after Dr. Jay sent out an email looking for more recruits, I contacted him and they decided to re-screen me.   They're testing my T-Cells, tropism and levels of adenovirus antibodies.

Apparently it's difficult to do a tropism test on people that are undetectable (as I gratefully am) because, of course, there isn't much virus to test.  It can take 6 weeks to 2 months for the test results to be ready. 

Second, tropism with respect to this trial is important -- if you go off meds and have X4 and R5 virus then of course your viral load will go up as the Sangamo modification in this trial only affects the R5 receptor on the T-Cell.

I'm waiting for the results, will keep you all posted when they come back.

Update:  Well, I hit the "save" button here on AM and then Quest called.  Turns out my A5 titer is high -- DQ'd again.  They said that this goes up and down and they'll test again in 6 months.

Jmarksto:
geobee;  Thanks for the update and I wish you well with retesting!

JM

Matts:
Good luck with this experiment:)

Maybe we all can benefit from that in 10 years.
Gero Hütter's "Berlin Patient" Timothy Brown is living without meds for 5 years, so there is a evidence that the "CCR5 thing" could work.
Let's see.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version