HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

sharing a straw with a sexworker with blood involve

(1/2) > >>

sam:
Hello I am in vacation in morocco
4 days ago I went to a discotheque with one of  my friends,  to those places where you can meet the sexwort er girls, I did not like the place I went out after 30 minutes, what happened that before I went out one of those girls came next to me and start chatting with me and when I asked here what she was drinking she gave me the glass with the straw in it i Sucked a Little and that's all, what made me really worried that when I went to the hotel to sleep and started to brush my teeth I saw a blood coming from my gum , so , i got really worried what  if her saliva on the straw might had got  some blood and she might  have HIV ? What my chance to get the HIV from this  event  thanks very much I am really very worried

Morgan:
Sam,

No risk whatsoever.

Morgan

sam:
thanks for replay
could you till me way i should not be worried

Morgan:
Sam,

To start with, if you haven't already done so, read the welcome thread and its associated links at the top of this board.

Hiv is not contracted through casual contact such as you describe.  Sharing glasses, kissing, and receiving oral sex are not a risk for hiv infection because saliva is not infectious and actually acts to inhibit hiv infection. 

Your mouth is a very inhospitible place for hiv and infection rarely occurs there.... even when semen is involved which we know carries high concentrations of the virus.

Again, you had no risk.

Morgan

sam:
thak you so much morgan
your words is assuring ; but what about if her saliva had some boold
thak you again

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version