Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Ticket to Work and Disability

<< < (4/4)

YaKaMein:
Dvinemstre,
Thanks for your sharing your expertise and insight of TTW. It's extremely helpful to have practical info on the mechanics. IHMO, it's not what the SSA website states; it's what it doesn't. Sometimes, there are so many gaps and specific questions that are so hard to read an answer. I'll carefully consider what you've described to determine whether to pursue TTW and see if it matches my desires and abilities to work with my health.

A few weeks ago, I contacted an advocacy agency in my area, one listed in the TTW area on SSA's website. They gave me my state's VR and Disability Determination Offices. It was apparent that they really didn't know anything about TTW. I've gotten more from posting here LOL.

Maybe with the new changes starting 7/21, they'll be more in-services so they will help clients interested in TTW.

Thanks again for your help. 

-YaKaMein [post 100]  ::)

weasel:
i was told here in Missouri !
that the minutue you are approved for S.S.D. you can go back to work !
AN INSIDER TOLD ME , DO NOT DO IT UNTIL WAY AFTER A YEAR OF BEING ON DISABILITY !
The flags go up !
We have been told to stay  around $ 400.oo  a month !
This would pay for my gas ......................................
but it would get me out of the house.

I have a rental Home 1,500 s.f. ,that I would love to rent , but if I do that , then I can NOT work at all ,
because I would be way over the limit !
catch 22 !

good luck with your work !
 I am unable to work a regular scedual ! , would need a port-O-potty on my Honda !
                                                                                                      Karl

loneratheart:
        t

would like to hear more about program. do they offer job training ? ect;

Robert

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version