POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 29, 2014, 11:07:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650664
  • Total Topics: 49682
  • Online Today: 197
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: A book report on a scifi book that was never written  (Read 779 times)

Offline em

A book report on a scifi book that was never written
« on: June 23, 2008, 05:03:38 PM »
basic story idea

I had first written this story in 1984 with a drawring of a guy sitting in a barbers chair and a computer to use for the cover of a papaer back novel. This is a shorter condensed cliff note version. A book report on a book that was never printed if you will.

A guy who builds a computer system that uses mathematics formulation to interpret financial economic trends and graph them in a three dimensional graphic virtual reality. to grab all the money he can from the world. Just cause he loves money and was a guy who grew up in a wealthy area and felt left out of the all fun the rich seemed to be having.

Then he finds when he leaves his computer the money gets taken away so he makes a way he can stay connected while the machine keeps his body alive.
Years go by maybe even decades
Later he writes an auto pilot program so he can leave the system to enjoy this wealth he had accumulated.

Only to find the world had become a control society were everything is illegal and gets arrested for being in the street with out a licence and then they find the whole in the wall he tore through to get out of his computer lab. They charge him with breaking into this computer facility he was trying to get out of.

Then at the police station the lights start go crazy and computers start going on the fritz the police think they are under an attack from terrorists and leave this weird guy unwatched. HE goes up to computer screen and types a couple of identifying codes so the auto pilot who thinks he had gotten lost will not worry >

that is a short version of the story I gave to this guy I used to work with he had said how about the computer takes over the world and uses people as batteries I had said wow that is so far fetched and over the top and he got mad at me. O well I hope after so many years he still does not hold a grudge. I know I have trouble resolving past emotional bagage.

there was alot more to the story but this is a short version to see if anyone might enjoy this type of story. well maybe some day I will be inspired and rewrite a better more detailed polished longer version but if no one likes this kind of stuff I will know know I am just waisting time with a pipe dream.   

I hope you find this entertaining and enjoy

EM

Believe it or not ? a story of culture clash  or an adult bed time story to give hope in a sick world

another story that had ben kicking around in my head was about plymouth plantation and an indentured servant ( slave) who from being worked to hard and taunted by his fellow colonists goes insane and starts getting it on with farm animals ( equious ) .

(( I heard this mentioned from time to time on the radio and from school children growing up cause his last name is the same as mine . It has been almost four hundred years and the taunting never stops ? ))

The last time it was on the radio the guy had said imagine being one of his relatives ?
can you imagine being a non human looking people and thinking what ? you wonder why aliens from outer space never visit ??

they arrest him and take him north to the edge of the colony after a trail and finding him guilty they sentence him to be hung .  colonists gather every one up women and children I mean everyone no one execused from the first puplick execution being held by the new comers to this land and head north to the edge of there colony.

The native american savages see this gathering and what they are trying to do and stops them it just did not seem right to primitive minds killing another person in front of everyone and small children what is wrong with these new comers ?

They take this smelly dirty guy who just about to be hung from the neck until dead after a stay in the stockades were people through garbage at him and they kept him locked in a jail cell cage in his own filth. They take him further north to the ocean wash him up and feed him and try and figure out why those people would and could treat another human like that.

someone once said the best way to to judge a society was by seeing how the lowest members are treated the best way to see this was to see there prisons ( or something like that )

Anyway the native americans do not see this guy as a threat and they set him up with a home and a wife and he has children and well that is that right >

I had mentioned plymouth the town were this alleged incident happened ??

Hingam O i mean HANGHIM believe it or not ? well that was what the native americans called the area after the entire town was shouting "HANG HIM " over and over again.

Pilgrim puritans god fearing lot burning witches .  400 yrs in the span of time is not really that long 

Is it true I was not there before my time four hundred years how old do you think I am ?
maybe later I will add more to this or maybe later just delete it say nothing was said or done ?

Just thought of name for the first story >

Unintentional Atlas

the guy after seeing what obsessing with only his greed and living for the acquisition of wealth for wealth sake and not thinking about anything else . Has led to this control society were everyone works and eats and does nothing else cause they do not have the money to do anything else. A social model of efficiency but nothing else. He goes back to his computer and tries to change things to make people lives the fullest they can be.

Then he also discovers that the auto pilot program he wrote had been hacked and some one was actually running it. He finds out his grand daughter being just as bright as he is. finds his old notes and programing codes and writes her own version to find out what happened to her grand father only to end up joining him in the virtual reality he had created and being hidden behind the auto system he created.

So together as a family they try to hold together the world and well maybe if I get so motivated and inspired I would write more and make it into a feel good scifi movie book story about redemption >

that song from sunset boulevard "new ways to dream" is goin through my mind right now

thank you

EM

I ques by the lack of interest this web sight is not into fiction and dreams and what life might be like and finding a new way to dream type stuff.

SO back to lurking for me maybe I will submit this stuff to that writers web page and have them tell me it is junk then they will sell it for a grunch load of money to someone else >

there were stories I had heard about HIV and AIDS.
stories I had wanted to write
 so much life I had wanted to have had lived
 then again
why dwell on the unchangeable and unimaginable darkness life has to offer
  why obsess and dwell on the dark side of life all the time
  when there are so many unlimited boundless  opportunities to be conceived
 by the human mind when guided by hope love and glory in ones thoughts and a heart filled with song  . :)

EM

Well like the say do not judge a book by its cover ? But how about this one for a cover picture ?

a slash goin diaganal across a picture top one says outside and shows a person in hospital bed laying motionless and lifeless the other side says inside there is a tormented face attached to a disfigured body pulling at chains tying them down.

cause see he was cept alive while on the machines and his mind was in the machine so people cept his body alive thinking he was in a coma. the chains were his greed for money

I do not know if this would be good for a scifi or the other story I been working on ?

any ideas ?

thank you

« Last Edit: June 25, 2008, 09:17:48 AM by em »

Offline Matty the Damned

• Ninja Please
Re: A book report on a scifi book that was never written
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 05:27:41 PM »
Hey Em,

I love dystopian and futuristic stuff. I'm not into Star Trek, but I really like the sorta stuff you've outlined here.

MtD

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.