Main Forums > Living With HIV

hand fracture

(1/2) > >>

lydgate:
I fractured my right hand (wrist) just over seven weeks ago. First four weeks in a cast (hot pink, if ye please), last three weeks in a splint. Visited the orthopaedic clinic today, they took more x-rays. Last time I was there, a couple of weeks ago, I was told that I'd almost certainly be able to discard the splint/brace after today, but apparently the fracture is healing a little slower than usual, and I've been told to keep wearing the splint for another MONTH!  >:(  :(  ???

Could this be because of my HIV infection? (I was infected exactly 11 months ago. I'm not on meds.) Anybody else have experiences with slow-healing injuries or fractures after being infected/diagnosed?

Jay

zephyr:
Hi Jay,

I haven't had the misfortune of a fracture, myself, but I just wanted to tell you I'm sorry to know it happened to you!

Wishing you a speedier recovery!!

Zephyr

Eldon:
Sorry to hear about your hand fracture. I haven't had it happened to me but I bet it is pretty painful. I don't know of any connections with HIV and the healing process. You might want to get a further analysis with your Doctor and see why it is taking so long to heal.

Hope you get better soon and Keep us posted.

Jeffreyj:
Hey Jay, very sorry to hear of your hand fracture. I have never heard of HIV interfearing with bone healing. I had a broken toe and it healed just fine. Good luck with it. Hope you are better soon!
Jeff

CalvinC:
Jay, methinks that the longer healing process is just that: a longer healing process that has nothing to do with being poz. Your numbers are good so your body is reacting as it would had you been neg. I had "tennis elbow" and it's taken a good year to heal. Fractures take time. Be good to yourself and stop using that hand for a wank. heh heh

andrew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version