HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

Pre-cum question

<< < (2/4) > >>

locopoco:
I understand that this is a general recommendation but I must admit that it makes me a bit nervous considering that the initial response was that there was no need to test. It is also a bit of a vague answer to the question as to whether or not this particular situation necessitates a test, HIV or otherwise. First your response implies a complete lack of need for testing and then the context of the message shifts, in the second, toward the inclusion of a need to test of STD's and HIV. Which one? Let me make this clear, does the above situation appear to need an HIV test or not? What other STD's could I have contracted? From worried to not worried to concerned.

jkinatl2:
There is no risk for HIV in the scenario outlined in the original posting.

Protected sex, kissing, and getting rimmed constitute no HIV risk.

locopoco:
Thank you for the reply. The question was can HIV be transmitted by using vaginal fluids as lubrication for anal
fingering. Again, sorry to phrase it so clinically.
Also, what STD's can be passed this way?

locopoco:
Does the above constitute testing for HIV? Other STD's?

Sorry for the persistence but I believe I am getting nervous.

Morgan:
Locopoco,

As far as hiv is concerned, no.

If you're concerned about other STI's, have a full panel done.  The various incubation periods are as follows:

Herpes
When symptoms do appear during a first episode they usually appear within 2 to 10 days after infection and last an average of 2 to 3 weeks.

Gonorrhea
The incubation period for Gonorrhea is usually 2 to 7 days.

Chlamydia
The incubation period for Chlamydia is usually 2 to 6 weeks, but can be longer.

Syphilis
The incubation period for Syphilis is usually 10 to 90 days.

HIV
The window period for HIV is usually 2 weeks to 3 months, but most commonly 4-6 weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being 22 days.

Hepatitis A
The incubation period for Hepatitis A is 15 to 50 days.

Hepatitis B
The incubation period for Hepatitis B is usually 45-180 days, with an average of 60 to 90 days.

Hepatitis C
The incubation period for Hepatitis C ranges from 2 weeks to 6 months - commonly, 6 to 9 weeks.

A full std panel at 13 weeks will almost always catch everything.

Morgan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version