POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 25, 2014, 03:04:23 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24283
  • Latest: mineal
Stats
  • Total Posts: 650354
  • Total Topics: 49650
  • Online Today: 134
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Sad state of Aids Activism......  (Read 5198 times)

Offline Graway925

Sad state of Aids Activism......
« on: May 31, 2006, 04:24:20 PM »
Hi Zephie,

I hope this come up.....as this is the first time I'm using this new posting space.....seems odd they needed to lock down the previous area...C'est la vie.

Glad to hear you are part of that group.  I am hoping you can do some good.  Too many times the powers that be take the "teeth" out of such groups.

I will keep you posted with our Indiana dramas...

Best to you,
Ron

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
Re: Sad state of Aids Activism......
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 08:03:27 PM »
Ron, hi!!

Yes, it will take some time for our dust to 'settle' with the transition on the forums. But, the fact remains that we who have made connections with each other will continue our conversations from the old.

I got your email on the follow-up with 'Paula', thanks, and will reply shortly.

I appreciate your congrats on my membership to the Planning Council, I've been inundated with reading material since my last post, and Lord, am I going to have to focus, focus, focus!! Attending my very first Allocations Committee Meeting on Wednesday, next week.....have just downloaded 9 (nine) files to review before then.

Hope you are well, my friend, and fighting the GOOD FIGHT!

I know you are, sweetie!

Thanks,

Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Graway925

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 02:30:30 PM »
Hi Zephre,

WELL...there has been an unexpected minor setback.  That man at the Indiana State Dept of Health who threatened me.....Shawn "Theodore" Carney has managed to get back into my life once again.  There has been a ban (ordered by the then Health Dept Commissioner-Dr Wilson) on Carney from having any contact with me, my case or files. 

For some reason the new asst Health Commissioner (Sue Uhl) has realized she cannot guarantee Carney's compliance of the ban...SO...for privacy reasons(the feds are on their back)she has lifted the ban.

Needless to say I am disappointed..and have told her as much.  I am filing complaints with the Indiana Dept of Health and also with Civil Rights.    I am waiting for the ISDH privacy officer to send the forms.  I called her last week...and she is being slow to get them to me.

I also wrote to the governor's office (Mitch Daniels) as well as a local senator(Richard Lugar).  I wrote to the two HRSA people responsible for Indiana....(Gary Cook & Kerry Hill).  I am hoping to get some response from at lease one of these people.

In all this drama...sometimes I need to go back and recall what this is about...and the why and hows of it all.  It started with abuses of postion and authority at the AIDS TASK FORCE INC located in Ft Wayne, IN.  THEN...a cover up by the man I mentioned earlier( Shawn "Theodore"  Carney) who was the direct superior of the care coordination program paid for with HRSA funds.

IT'S about abusing people...and then using politics and position to hide facts...all to hide flaws in moral and legal ethics violations.

To compound the problem..is that if the state of Indiana were to officially acknowledge what actually occured...I could easily file a lawsuit and WIN...so...thus goes the avoidance...and their never ending efforts to silence my voice.

Some say I should not bite the hand that feeds me...(my insurance benefits)...but...I say...the people who easily and often abuse people need to be held responsible for their actions.

That woman (  Amanda Rupp/Fall ) still  has her posit on as director of that Ft Wayne Women's Bureau program, for women with children struggling with addictions.  That Program is called TRANSITIONS.   If Amanda Fall were to use her authority and postion to hide the sorts of ethical &  moral lapses as she did in my case...what about those women/children who are at her mercy?

When my health is poor...and I really & truly wonder how long I will live...I wonder why i need to continue this struggle...?  I know why...it is not only for me...but..for the countless others who are at the mercy of these people who have turned HIV/AIDS into a business opportunity.

I need to read your other post....

Have a great evening,
Ron

Offline zephyr

• Zephyr L.T.N.P. Foundation, Inc.
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2006, 11:51:48 PM »
Hey, Ron...

So sorry I haven't checked this topic in a while! Forgive me!

Have you had any responses to your letters?

Keep fighting, my friend, these individuals need to be held accountable. And, you are just the one to do it!

Take Care,
Zephyr
"It is character that communicates most eloquently."

Offline Graway925

« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2006, 02:16:59 PM »
Hi Zephre,

No replies...yet I say a few hundred viewings.  I am getting the word out locally...but...seems like the -at least- semi intelligent HIV+ people are dead....all that's left are the ones who take advantage of the ATF Ft Wayne checkbook to pay their daily living expenses.

I FINALLY see...this is the flip side of this problem.  Many who are fortunate enough to have medical coverage from preexisting insurance do not want to be linked at all with AIDS or  any HIV/AIDS issues.  Sadder  yet are those who feel their voices are unheard and remain silent because of prior negative experiences when they DID speak up.

One man who DID speak up...and was courageous enough to do a taped interview with a local TV station has since been courted back by the ATF of Ft Wayne.  Surely they felt he was very dangerous to them regarding public image...SO...they have cleaned his home....his yard....and catered to his whims. 

The ATF knows that does not...nor will not work with me...  I will give them one thing....they mangage their damage control quite well.  Their executive director has to have something to show for his $60,000+ a year salary.

Paula Lamb(woman who embezzled nearly $100,000.00) is due to be sentenced July 24, 2006.  I have been assured once the sentence is official the ATF Ft Wayne will lost most of their existing grants for at least one term.  Paula Lamb has already pleaded guilty in April of this year.  BUT...it is not official till the judge accepts it...and gives Paula her sentence.  I will be there with "bells on" to see that.

Other than that...life goes on.  I had an EMG test performed to explain the numbness in my lower legs.  Sadly, there is permanent nerve damage.  I have scheduled an appt with a neurologist.  Of course, no one will tell me if there is anything to do...without another appt.  Gotta keep the healthcare wheels greased.

I did always think a walking stick was rather elegant...ha...any of your remember Steed from that old British detective series?  The name of the series will come to me as soon as I sign off...anyway...I'd rather walk with a limp and be alive...than the alternative.

Sad thing...is that I told the ID doc about that numbness and pain in my right foot going on three years ago...ALL she said was...."Nothing I prescribe would cause that."  NO talk of testing...or a referral to anyone to check it out.  This is the same doc who told me a lump in my wrist was a "bruise or pinch" for over two years.  I finally had enough of the pain and insisted on a referral to a bone doc.  WELL...turns out it was a benign tumor which was prompted surgically removed...the ID doc never said a word. 

Back then...the ID office told us HIV+ patients could use them as Primary Care Docs...glad those days are over.  It really kept what they did concealed..OH WELL...more about that another day...needless to say...I've learned alot about living with this disease.  Too bad the people that run services have no interest in hearing how to make things better for people.

If these people accepted legitimate input it may take away from their godly complex and detract from their feelings of superiority...so they must leave things status quo.  I'm sure the day they read my obituary a collective sigh of relief will be heard.  I am a thorn in their respective behinds...reminding them of their shortcomings. 

SO anyway...how goes things with the boards you are on?  Do you feel your input is regarded with respect?

Have a great evening,
Ron

Offline Graway925

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 02:36:10 PM »
UPDATE ON PAULA LAMB SENTENCING....

The July 24, 2006 sentencing date was postponed to August 1, 2006.  I was there on the 1st...and it was an odd experience.  Instead of the judge coming into the court room....the defense team and federal prosecutors went into the judge's chambers for a conference. 

I was seated next to a reporter for our local morning newpaper which is the Journal Gazette of Ft Wayne, IN.  The reporter felt the judge may have a problem with the lowered sentencing structure.

About twenty minutes later a court clerk appeared tellling us the sentencing hearing was rescheduled for August 3rd @ 10:00am.  I attended the followup hearing as well.

Paula Lamb(per plea agreement with federal prosecutors)was given five months in a county jail.....followed by five months of electronic home monitored detention...following that is a three year supervised probation.  Ms. Lamb is to pay full restitution of the funds she embezzled from the Aids Task Force, Inc located in Ft Wayne, IN which totaled a bit under $96,000.00.

Many of us were disappointed with the lowered sentencing...BUT...the judge had very stern words for Ms. Lamb...and in judge's  sentencing statements told the courtroom Paula Lamb needed to set an example for those who steal money from Not For Profit organizations.

The defense attempted to have the court give sympathy because they "say"(prosecutors say they knew NOTHING of this)Paula Lamb received NO child support for her children...and...one is a special needs child.  Federal Judge Theresa Springmann told the courtroom  it was obvious Paula Lamb stole in a "stealthy" manner.  The judge commented that Paula Lamb did not fall victim to a one time temptation...but rather stole $10,000.00 - $12,000.00 each year.  Paula Lamb freely admitted she would have continued stealing until she was stopped.

Judge Springmann also added that if ANY attempt had been made at restitution during the time Ms Lamb stole the judge may have had more sympathy...but...as it stood it was clear Paula Lamb was in essence giving herself a raise by embezzling the funds in a continuous manner.

The NFP arena is getting a lot of heat these days for mismanagement/theft of funds.   Federal officials are looking into more oversight and prosecution regarding these NFP agencies who for many years have avoided scrutiny.

Now, the matter will be if any of the major grants are affected by the sentencing of Paula Lamb.  According to how most of the grants are written there are penalties for mismanagement/theft/misappropriation of the grant monies.  I certainly believe embezzlement falls into at least one if not all three of these categories.

The reason the federal prosectors were involved is because the Aids Task Force Inc located in Ft Wayne, IN receives over half a million dollars in federal money via HRSA.  At least a portion of the funds Paula Lamb embezzled had to have been federal dollars..>OR< the federal prosecutors would not have been involved.

HEY ZEPHRE...is all okay...haven't heard from you in a while...hope all is well.

BEST TO ALL....we need to be aware of what is going on around us...many people feel HIV/AIDS is nothing more than a business opportunity.

BEST to all,
Graway925

Offline Graway925

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 01:57:49 AM »
Hello,

Ron here again......I contacted a local newspaper reporter who covered the Paula Lamb sentencing.  I want to know where Paula will be serving her sentence.  After two weeks I've heard NO reply from the reporter.....

YET ANOTHER local Aids organization has proven itself to be more than a bit bogus.  I began volunteering at the ARCHEY AIDS FOUNDATION located here in Ft Wayne, IN back in August of this year(2006).  Soon afterwards I was volunteering one evening a week at  an AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM.  "My" evening was Wednesdays.  After a couple of months I got a few friends to donate items the kids needed.  One family(who own a large local company)actually went out and bought just under $600.00 worth of new coats for the kids who needed them the most.

We were to have a meeting in four days with the heads of this local company about donating a large sum of CASH so we could expand the AFTER SCHOOL PROGRAM.  Donald Archey(man who heads Archey Aids Foundation) appointed me as the treasurer on his board of directors.  We went to the local bank(TOWER BANK, FT WAYNE)and my name was on the accounts for AAF. 

TWO weeks later I was given a few bank statements...I WAS SHOCKED to see the director had been funnelling cash through the agency account to pay his personal bills.

This man then admits to having a personal IRS lien against him....along with a legal judgement for an NSF check deal at a local bank dating back to 1997...then...he tells "some" people he was in prison for drugs a few years ago.  WHAT????  This man was running a kids program...!!!!

The IRS tells me that when a person requests to begin a NOT FOR PROFIT agency....the IRS does not ask for the Social Security number of the person asking to start the organization.  I was shocked to know the IRS does not do any background check on the person starting the NFP organization.

In this man's case.....he says he cannot have a personal checking account because either the IRS or local court would seize the account funds..SO...in his mind HIS personal bills are to be paid by AAF since HE is AAF.  WHAT???????

NEEDLESS to say...my friends backed of of donating the large sum of cash...AND...I ran not walked away from this man and his organization.

If anyone wants to know more...please contact me...graway925@yahoo.com...and I can tell  you more...

THIS is so sad....because it yet again proves many people view AIDS/HIV as a business opportunty.

Hope you all  had a great Thanksgiving...

Ron

Offline Graway925

« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2006, 12:09:07 PM »
OH MY GOD !!!!!!

I see Archey has managed to get his name in Poz Magazine.  WOWEE...I cannot believe he has lured yet another publication to have his name in print.

I know this man....and know that whenever I have been around him he sucks down coolaide as if it were the water he says he drinks...AND...he smokes cigarettes like a fiend...so how is this man a rold model for a healthy life?

We have alerted the IRS and Indiana State Attorney General's office regarding the misuse/misappropriation/theft of public funds which has plagued Archey Aids Foundation since pastor Donald Archey began this group back in 2002.

Donald Archey appointed me to his board...NOW he tells people he has NO board.  There is one other lady who is also under the impression she is on the Archey Aids Foundation board as well as me.  Her name is Cathy Wilson.  Once I was able to discuss my concerns with Cathy...I KNEW I was right in my thinking and observations that Archey was using Archey Aids Foundation as his personal ATM machine.

It wouldn't be so bad if he actually did some good...BUT...it's quite obvious now he set up AAF in order to shield income from the IRS and also the Allen County Court system that has ordered three personal judgments against Archey for outstanding unpaid debts.

He also has continually used the AAF bank account to pay his personal bills...it was after I became aware of this I telephoned the bank and had my name removed from the checking account.  I did not want to seen as being complicit in the deceptions.

This book he speaks about is not published...but rather the publisher (TATE PUBLISHING) is waiting for Archey to get the $4,000 they want to print the book...  Archey tried-in vain-to get me to authorize AAF to pay this fee to the publisher...you see...Archey tells people he has signed over any potential profits of this book to Archey Aids Foundation...as you can clearly see...this would mean he could drain any profits from that book avoided the taxes he owes the IRS...AND...avoid the legal local court judgments against Archey.

PLEASE...think twice before you are taken in by this man....people are currently investigating him...and AAF.  I pray to God Cathy & I avoid any penalties that come AAF's way because of what Archey has done in the past....

Offline Iggy

« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2006, 01:07:23 PM »
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:11:00 PM by Iggy »

Offline Graway925

« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2007, 12:23:28 PM »
HEY ALL,

ARCHEY AIDS FOUNDATION is being outed....  The Ft Wayne, IN Newspaper - Journal Gazette- published a story on January 7, 2007 detailing the results of an investigation into the Reverend Donald E. Archey and his Archey Aids Foundation located in Ft Wayne, IN.

The Indiana State Attorney General's office is currently doing an investigation.  I do have to say...it is sad that it takes a newspaper article before governmental agencies take heed of abuses.  Dan Stockman(reporter at the Journal Gazette) is also instramental in the outing of the Olin B. & Desta Schwab Foundation being outed for misappropriation of funds.

The Schwab Foundation's founders have been dead for years...it was the people who ended up operating the foundation who did the dirty deeds...TOTALLY ignoring the goals the founding couple had for the use of the funds.

Pastor Donald Archey is now saying Cathy WIlson & I are being dishonest regarding what happened to the AAF funds.  WELL...Archey was the ONLY one who saw the bank statements...and he wrote ALL the checks...and kept any and all information secret from the board...(if and when he actually had one that is...)

Donald Archey states that I was never treasurer...YET...I have signed paperwork (by Archey, me and Linda Harings at Tower Bank, Ft Wayne, IN)stating I am "Treasurer of Archey Aids Foundation, Inc.

Archey's continual lies are what will make sure AAF ceases operation.  The sadder part is that many people wanted to see things happen in a positive way for AAF.  In the final analysis it appears as if Archey founded AAF as a way to launder money for his personal use.

Dan Stockman was able to research and discover TWO IRS liens against Donald Archey totalling over $35,000.  Along with an outstanding warrent that was served on Archey in Allen County, IN for cocaine possession in Georgia.  Georgia ended up NOT asking Indiana to send Archey to Georgia for trial.  Archey worked out some sort of arrangement with Georgia to avoid jail time.  Archey also owes CHECKS USA money....along with BIll Brown, and an apartment in Indianapolis sued Archey -and won a judgment- for money he owed and never paid.

SADDER still...is the IRS does not require the SS number of the person asking to start a NOT FOR PROFIT agency.  SO...you see.....in this manner Archey can avoid SS scrutiny of what may be considered personal income from AAF.

SO....please keep an eye on the web...do searches for his name...and Archey Aids Foundation...you will see how this investigation goes..>AND< if you have information regarding Archey Aids Foundation please contact the Indiana State Attorney General's office...as they are currently doing an investigation.

You could contact Dan Stockman at the Journal Gazette as well(DSTOCKMAN@JG.NET)...  The email for the attorney investigating AAF at the Attorney General's office is JEFF.COX@atg.in.gov 

It is high time people quit treating HIV/AIDS as a business opportunity.

A HAPPY AND HEALTHY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF YOU,
Ron

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.