Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Using tenfovir (Viread) with abacavir (Ziagen)

<< < (5/5)

Matty the Damned:
Ray,

Two things I've noticed about using amitriptyline and other drugs from the tri-cyclic anti depressant family:

1. They are VERY sedating. Especially in the early phases of use;
2. There is a tendency for some people to develop urinary retention -- ie it can be hard (and in some very rare cases impossible) to pee.

Outside of that, they can be very effective for the various purposes to which they are employed.

MtD

J.R.E.:
Matty,

Thanks for that. Hopefully I won't be too sedated to go into work, 11 hours later. I am not even sure what the dosage is on these pills, or if it varies. I need a magnifying glass to see whats on the pill.

Ray

Cliff:

--- Quote from: J.R.E. on July 13, 2006, 07:54:26 AM ---Yes, there certainly needs to be more communication, between the doctor and myself. It seems as though, when I really get started , he seems to be in a rush to exit the room  >:( 
--- End quote ---
Don't they all....Maybe a pre-written list would help, handed to him as soon as he walks through the door.  This will force him to check off each item with you before he leaves the room.  I used it a couple of times, (when I was first diagnosed), and it worked pretty well.

Good luck Ray and let us know how things go when you get yours test results back.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version