POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 09:08:50 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632216
  • Total Topics: 47872
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Hope I didn't screw up my meds...thoughts?  (Read 2393 times)

Offline sacinsc

Hope I didn't screw up my meds...thoughts?
« on: May 27, 2008, 02:06:26 AM »
OK, my brother got married Saturday night. I am not a drinker at all, but decided to indulge at the reception. Hey how ofter do I get to wear a cool tux? Anyway, saw people I have not seen in forever, got totally trashed and wine and then liquor later after we went out. Know how I got home, but not when....was left in the grass outside my parents house. Went upstairs and puked my brains out, crawled into bed. I normally take my meds (Reyataz, Norvir, Truvada) at 10pm. I am not really sure honestly what time I took them then next morning. I did, had them in my stomach for a while, then proceeded to puke up clear stuff around noon I think. So they were in my system for a little while. Slept the rest of the day after eating some grits my mom brought to me. In between her laughing at me I slept. Took my meds again that night at around midnight.

Feel fine, well been a little icky feeling, but I think that is the left over hangover. Just got back in DC, took my meds at 1:45 am. Anyone think I have totally messed up my meds? Anyone done anything stupid like that before?
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion
September 07 - CD4 402 VL 118000 25%
October 07 -     CD4 294 VL 124000 22%
November 07 - Norvir, Triuvada and Reyataz
December 07 -  CD4 355 VL  550 .... guess the meds are working.
January 08 - CD4 446 VL <48 undetectable!
April 08 - CD4 554 VL <48 undetectable!
July 08 - CD4 666 VL <48 undetectable! Hporay...I have devil CD4's

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
Re: Hope I didn't screw up my meds...thoughts?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 07:40:36 AM »
Hi Matt,

While I've never had that experience, I would say a single incident won't do any major damage.  Good to hear from you, by the way.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline Dachshund

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 07:54:40 AM »
Been there done that without the worse for wear. I'm sure you'll get the lectures of the evils of demon rum, but in my humble opinion I think you'll be fine. Sounds like you're back on the correct meds taking track so I wouldn't worry about it.

I think just about everybody here has skipped, missed or forgotten to take their meds a time or two without any problems. Be prepared for anecdotal evidence to the contrary. ;)

You're fine.

Offline dixieman

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 10:31:39 AM »
Well as long as you dont make it a habit... you should be fine... just continue with the good work as in taking your meds as prescribed.

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 12:55:45 PM »
The goal for HAART adherence is a rate of 95% -- so if you take two doses/day you're allowed theoretically to miss 36 of those per year. 

Now, most doctors won't spell that out to you because it's like opening up a can of worms, because as you can see from my link studies showed that the actual rate of patients is in the 56 - 77% rate (frankly I find that a bit stunning myself).  Truth be known though, even in my long-term support group where the people should know better there may be 1/4 of attendees having this issue.

I also am always dubious of any HIVer who makes a claim of 100% adherence.  Currently I'm fairly perfect with my adherence, but I still miss maybe 3 doses every 12 months.

Sorry to babble, but in short you need not worry sacinsc.
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 08:39:42 PM »
Thanks y'all. I thought I would be fine, but needed the reassuring words :) Been an interesting few months for me. Moving back to DC, then moving to N. Va. Cool job, low stress and back to school in August. Sigh.

Didn't want to mess up these meds. I have had 100% adherence up until now. My alarm goes off on my phone, down go the pills.

And no, white wine, (probably 2-3 bottles) followed by 5-6 of my signature drink I created working in st8 sports bars...the "Panty Remover" led to my downfall Saturday. I still think I am recovering from that mess. Waking on your parents lawn in the middle of the night....erm... I don't think I ever even did that in high school :/
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
  • Vegas baby!
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2008, 08:47:34 AM »
Waking on your parents lawn in the middle of the night....erm... I don't think I ever even did that in high school :/

Well, heh.  I did that when I was in high school.  I came home from a party and passed out, in the snow no less.  Thank heaven my mum found me, or I probably would have gotten hypothermia.
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline bear60

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2008, 10:40:36 AM »
I remember passing my Dad on his way to work and I was on my way in from a night out...lol.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline rondrond

« Reply #8 on: May 28, 2008, 11:01:03 AM »
No one in my family drank. I was 'seduced' ::) by some friends during Senior Week of no school before graduation and it was...bourbon and coke....nasty...nasty...not so nasty..hmmm,, pretty good., then pizza. I don't remember making it home or upstairs to my bedroom, but, I do remember waking up and feeling 'pressure;' on my chest. I was laying on my back and my body apparently had decided tor reject the pizza/bourbon cocktail...Mom was coming down the hall and heard me ''moan' and entering the room exclaimed 'Oh my god, you must be sick"...helped me to the bathroom and shower...I was dizzy and having never drank before, did not realize that I was suffering from a bitch of a hangover, and agreed with her that I was sick. She hurried downstairs to make me some breakfast, bacon and eggs and the smell of bacon set me off again. I had a headache and was nauseous all day.  :'(  Poor Mom kept fussing over me, like Florence Nightingale, and I wonder how it  would have played out if she had known my illness was brought on by drinking myself into a stupor the night before.

hmm..sorry for the hijack.  got carried away.  ::)
« Last Edit: May 28, 2008, 11:03:53 AM by rondrond »
"I may not be exactly where I want to be, but I sure as Hell am not where I was"
Wynnona Judd

Diagnosed/HIV
AZT
Norvir
1994-2001
Crixivan/Epivir/Zerit
No Meds for 7 Years

04jul07/DVT-right leg/Bi Lateral PE's     
16oct08/DVT-left leg
Sept '09  6 blood clots in left arm
Coumadin 5mgs

Atenolol/50mg/2x
Hydrochlorth 25mg/1x
Gemfibrozil/300mgs/2X
Symbicort
Proventil Inhaler
Potassium
Rhinocort

*APR 08~Viramune/Truvada
March08  CD4 330 23% VL 452.000 
*Jan09 Med change~Epzicom/Viramune

Aug09   CD4 523 23%  VL<48
Diagnosed: COPD
Dec 2013: CD4 645 45% VL 49
Med Change: Viramune/Epivir/Ziagen/Isentress

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2008, 09:02:56 PM »
ah don't worry about screwing up for one night, 

even though I have nnn- e- ver missed a dose in my life, I forgive you  ;)

oh and by the way the last time I drank as much as you did was probably in jr. high school (I got my drinking days outof the way really early)
hugs,
Sharkie

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2008, 09:17:39 PM »
Nice :) I won't be drinking again anytime soon for sure! Ugh, I bet my eyes were yellow for a couple days though.....i forgot to check!

Sharky I can believe you would not be drinking...to much tofu, coffee, and veggies for you!
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2008, 01:44:12 AM »
Nice :) I won't be drinking again anytime soon for sure! Ugh, I bet my eyes were yellow for a couple days though.....i forgot to check!

Sharky I can believe you would not be drinking...to much tofu, coffee, and veggies for you!

tofu...nooo brown rice and lentils,  yess.
Knowing how much you "love" vegetables, you'll be happy to know I made a killer raw broccoli, cauliflower and kohlrabi salad with a tamari and ginger vinaigrette for dinner after my ashtanga yoga class mmmm! betcha never had kohlrabi  lol

hugs  :-*
Sharkie

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2008, 06:48:08 PM »
Have kohlrabi? I can't even pronounce it! Your salad sounds...erm..ok. I'll stick to steak :D

On a side note, my little garden has it's first tomato, first bell pepper and the cutest little yellow squash!
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2008, 08:16:16 PM »
Have kohlrabi? I can't even pronounce it! Your salad sounds...erm..ok. I'll stick to steak :D

On a side note, my little garden has it's first tomato, first bell pepper and the cutest little yellow squash!

cool, but who is going to eat them....Suzie?

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2008, 11:17:31 PM »
The squash, I will thinly slice it, bater it in corn meal, and FRY it! The rest, eh, let my fellow residents eat em.
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Offline sharkdiver

« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 11:33:59 PM »
Lord help us

I never want to here you complain about your gas issues again......Fry? Fry?    LOL

Offline sacinsc

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 11:51:04 PM »
I am from South Carolina, we fry everything...squash, okra, tomatos, pickles :D
March 07 - Negative
May 07 - Exposed
June 07 - Seroconversion

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.