POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 03:48:57 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23065
  • Latest: MikeDH
Stats
  • Total Posts: 632181
  • Total Topics: 47869
  • Online Today: 227
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 180
Total: 185

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Time to move on....?  (Read 923 times)

Offline Texan38

Time to move on....?
« on: May 27, 2008, 05:37:25 PM »
I've been at this current job for a little over a year but I have to admit, I just haven't been happy lately. I've been using the computer at work to apply over the internet and I just got a call from a hospital for pre-registration opening. I had previously asked for this Friday off (Sex and the City opens - didn't tell my supervisor that) and now I'm scheduled for an interview this Friday!! Could this be a sign, I think it's a sign.  I'm very nervous. What if they want to talk to my supervisor - she's not even aware that I've been applying for jobs. Hmmmm, maybe I'll wait to see how the interview goes on Friday before I say anything to my supervisor BUT the person who called, called on the company phone which I just happen to be carrying today so maybe the hospital people did want to speak to my supervisor. Holy crap....I'm excited and nervous at the same time  - I could tell, I'm blabbering....
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 06:04:17 PM by Texan38 »
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
Re: Time to move on....?
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2008, 05:44:36 PM »
If you are not happy in your Job then yes..it's definitely time to move on good luck with the interview.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline Andy Velez

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2008, 05:50:24 PM »
One step at a time and then another. Have the interview. See if you even want the job. You'll deal with your supervisor knowing IF it even comes to that. AND enjoy the movie.

Good luck.

Cheers,
Andy Velez

Offline Oceanbeach

« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2008, 05:57:37 PM »
Why don't you tell your Supervisor, you have found a possible opportunity, have applied and have an interview.  Your Supervisor is going to have to find a replacement for your position if, a job offer is made.  The Interviewer is also going to want to discuss your work habits, absenteeism, tardiness which is all legal and expected so, why not tell your Supervisor and empower that person to assist you in placement with the new employer?   ;D  Have the best day
Michael

Offline Texan38

« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2008, 06:27:34 PM »
Thank you guys!  :-*
I just needed to hear some reasoning. Now, that I've calmed down....(deep breath)....I'm just going to go with the flow - one day at a time. Whew....
In Hollywood an equitable divorce settlement means each party getting fifty per cent of publicity.
~ Lauren Bacall

Offline Basquo

« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2008, 06:32:41 PM »
If you get a job in a hospital it is great work experience that you can take to a lot of places...that's what my boss told me when she was interviewing me 9 years ago.  Turns out that entry-level position I accepted was the best career move I could have made given my circumstances, and I can proudly say I am a healthcare compliance officer for a respected hospital. Pre-reg can open the door to higher positions in the same department, Admissions, even Revenue Integrity or Coding, if you were willing to go to school in your spare time. Or you can just do like me and make chocolate baskets for the cafeteria workers.

If you want more specifics about why I like working in this environment, send me a pm, but I will say here that if they are a large facility with a staffed HR department the are used to NOT being able to reach a supervisor, but you need to have reliable and reachable references. I worked for a very small company with the owner as my direct super and I knew if he got a call about my work history I'd be hitting the pavement anyway. If there's a lot of promotion and turnover where you work now, it might not be a big deal.

Good Luck!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.