HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

3 wks Neg...8 wks Neg.... Symptomatic... going for 6 Month test...

(1/1)

theexception:
This is my first post.  I have been lurking around here for a while.  According to everything I have read, I should not be worried about my status.  I had protected vaginal and unprotected oral sex with a sex worker.  That was 6 months ago.  My first indication that something was different was about 48hrs post possible exposure... I had hot flashes.  These lasted about 6 weeks.  They reminded me of a virus exposure I had years earlier.  At 3 weeks I got tested and it came back negative.  At about 5 weeks I developed some neuropathy in my right leg.  I am not diabetic and all my other blood work looked good. After the 8 week test came back negative I let my HIV status slip from my mind and tried to continue on with my life.  The only thing that remained was this nagging neuropathy that showed up every morning.  It felt like I had a stocking on my right leg.  This would wear off during the day.  Now at 6 months the neuropathy seems to be getting worse and I am having muscle weakness in my thighs and upper arms.  Sounds to me like I might have been one of the few people that are neg at 8 weeks but might still turn up to be positive.  I have gone in for another test and the results should come back this week. 

I am worried for myself but more importantly for my partner.  I have told her about my possible exposure before we had sex and after the 8wk. test we relaxed.  I have not told her about my most recent concerns since I felt there was no use in having her worry needlessly if it comes back negative. 

RapidRod:
This is not an HIV concern. You were never at risk of contracting HIV. See your doctor for you symptoms.

Andy Velez:
As Rod has told you, you're worrying needlessly. You were never at risk in the incident you've reported and your negative test results have confirmed that. Whatever is going on symptomatically has absolutely nothing to do with HIV. If the symptom(s) persist, discuss the matter with your doctor. This is NOT an HIV situation. End of story.

Cheers,

theexception:
Thanks to Andy and Rapid Rod for the words of wisdom.  I just went and got my results and I am negative.  I am not sure what I do have but I am going to guard my negative status as precious possession and not be so easy to risk it again.  I will pray for all of you that feel the need to visit this site and for those that do such a good job supporting them.  Thank you.

Andy Velez:
Congrats on that happy (and expected) test result. As long as you consistently use condoms for vaginal & anal intercourse you are literally and figuratively well covered in terms of any risk for HIV transmission sexually.

Good luck to you!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version