Main Forums > Living With HIV

Home from the hospital

(1/4) > >>

Christine:
Hi Everyone,
I missed reading all of your posts this week. Last Saturday I started to feel sort of flu-like, and when I checked my temperature it was almost 103. I felt worse on Sunday, fever, chills, sweats, achey. Nothing was bringing down the temp, so I figured I needed to call the doctor. This stuff always happens on the weekend. I got an appointment for Monday, and the Doctor thought it was PCP again. I was admitted to the hospital Monday afternoon. They ran all the blood work, did a chest x-ray...all came back clear.  They decided to do a ct scan on my chest/ abdomen/ pelvis, and that all came back fine.

The doctor did more blood cultures, urine cultures, checked for other viruses. The only thing they found was that my spleen is a little enlarged, which has been an ongoing thing since '93, and my liver values, and bilirubin is increased, but I am thinking that is from the new meds. Not alarmingly high, but higher than normal, and something that needs to be watched. Yesterday, my fever dropped down, and stayed down all day and night. So at this point she thinks it was a short term viral infection that ran its course. It has been a long week, but I am happy to be back home reading everyone posts.

Christine

Nadine:
Christine...so sorry you were not feeling well. Glad to hear everything is OK.

((BIG HUGS))

jkinatl2:
Christine, I am so glad you are feeling better. Man, it sucks to be sick.

Andy Velez:
103! WOW! That is really heating things up, Christine.

Glad you're on the mend and back among us.

Cheers,

anniebc:
Hi Christine...sorry to hear you have been unwell, but glad to hear that you are on the road to recovery...sending you hugs.

(((hugs)))
Jan :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version