HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

paranoid

(1/2) > >>

erbie:
just new here. uhm, i can't remember the exact date when i last had oral sex. but i think it was 3 weeks ago...i think i tasted some precum...and some cum also touched my mouth. now, i feel so paranoid. i have this flu-like illness. and my ears hurt. so far, no fever. no white marks on my tongue. no body aches. oh, i can only remember one instance when i sweat profusely at night. am i sick?

Ann:
erbie,

We can't tell you whether or not you're ill - that's what doctors are for. Nobody can diagnose you over the internet. Keep in mind that neither symptoms, or the lack of symptoms, will ever tell you anything about your hiv status and for that reason, we do NOT discuss symptoms here. The ONLY way to know your accurate hiv status is through testing.

As for giving blowjobs, the risk is more theoretical than real. There have been long-term studies of couples where one is positive and one is negative. In the couples who used condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, but no barrier for oral activities, not one of the negative partners became infected with hiv. Not one. This shows us two things. One, condoms are very effective for the prevention of hiv transmission. Two, oral sex is much lower risk than previously believed. We now have the evidence that oral sex is mainly a theoretical risk where hiv transmission is concerned.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple.

Ann

erbie:
hey just wondering. what are the most obvious symptoms of HIV. im just worried because i have a flu-like disease and i've had it for a 2 weeks already. i dont experience dry coughs. i just have this yellowish phlegm that wont leave me

Andy Velez:
Erbie, I've merged your threads. Please keep all of your comments and questions in this same thread.

Ann's already responded thoroughly to your questions including about symptoms. Nothing you are reporting sounds in any way HIV specific. They have persisted long enough so that you ought to be discussing them with your doctor. I don't see this as an HIV situation.

Cheers,

erbie:
thanks! i'll try to visit the doctor as soon as possible

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version