Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Western Blot!

(1/2) > >>

Poppa:
Had my blood draw early this morning to confirm what has been confirmed by Elisa twice. Is this when I get my CD4 and viral load? Or maybe the Dr. told me when I was sitting right in front of him. All I know is that I am spiraling and I cant stop it. I cant concentrate. I cant sleep. I cant eat. I walk around like a zombie. If I take one more xanax I think I will throw up. My family and friends are noticing something is wrong with me. I am very short on the phone. Wont see anyone. Can just about make it through work. Fortunately I get frequent breaks during my work day and I run home. I am having shortness of breath right now. This is not me.

BT65:
Poppa, if your doctor told you the test was to confirm the Elisa, then it was the Western Blot.  But, I always thought they automatically ran that after the first Elisa.  You should probably call your doctor. 

I feel for you.  Try to take some deep breaths, maybe lay down and try to relax.  If there's someone close to you that you feel comfortable talking about this with, you should call that person.  If not, maybe you should call your Aids Service Organization and talk to one of the counselors there.  They could probably help you.  But, you need to talk to someone and get this out.

Good luck.  We're here for ya.
  Luv,
Betty

Poppa:
Hello Betty, I tried to call my Dr.. Off until Monday and I cant discuss it with any other Dr.  ??? Called the lab. Have to wait 3 to 5 days for the results >:(. It is my understanding that they run the second Elisa test and if that comes back positive then they do the Western Blot ( makes me think of a cowboy with a big hat from Texas doin a line dance) Called GMHC crisis hotline. Spoke with a woman for a while. Tells me everything I feel is normal and that this is not a death sentence. Blah, blah, blah,blah. I now know I wont get any numbers until after this last test. Then I have to go for more blood draws to find out my numbers. Do I really have to know all this? I know that was a stupid question but the xanax has kicked in............... Hugs and kisses Poppa

BT65:
Different organizations probably do it differently, Poppa.  When I was diagnosed, they automatically ran the Western Blot after the first + Elisa.  I'm glad you called someone.  You seem a bit calmer.  Take care of yourself, and try not to let this consume your weekend.
  Luv,
Betty

BlueMoon:
Yes Poppa, you do need to know all this.  It's important to know the numbers so you will know if treatment is needed.  And if it is, then more testing is required to see what drugs are and are not suitable.

This is a confusing time for you, when everything is up in the air and uncertain.  Over the next few weeks things will become more clear.  Please bear in mind that life isn't over, just different. 

I think maybe you should tell your ex.  It sounds to me like you really need to discuss it with someone.  Good luck, and I hope you can find some peace in the next few days. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version