HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Have I Been Exposed to HIV?

(1/6) > >>

depressed_one:
I'm so scared. 

I had chapped lips, and I bit/peeled some of the skin off of my lip.  A small amount of blood came out.  Though, it only came out when I bit down on my lip really hard.  Then it stopped.

Then I started making out with the guy with whom I was on a date with.  Could he have transmitted anything to me?  They say an open wound is an entry way, was my lip a wound, and thus an entering point? 

He said he is 'clean.'  I do not believe him.  He has begun to ignore me.  Then again, I did say mean things to him.  He seems fishy.

This happened exactly 3 weeks ago.  As I type this, my right arm feels sore (from the shoulder down to the elbow).  When should I get tested for an accurate result? 

Thank you.

possop:
No, in 25 years of this disease, what you dont think there have been others in your situation.  CHapped lips are very common, you dont get HIV from kissing.  You werent even bleeding when you kissed the guy, even if you were, the answer is still NO.  For it to even be considered a theoretical risk, the guy or you must of been gushing blood out like some sort of vampires, and how attractive is that, you wouldnt be kissing each other would you.  Move on you dont have HIV.  Your sore muscles are something else, not related to.  The fact that the guy began to ignore you, put yourself in his shoes, you just acused him of giving you something lol, how would you feel.  You dont need testing, but get tested in 3 months is conclusive, you will test negative, once again, you dont need to test.

depressed_one:

--- Quote from: possop on May 07, 2008, 02:38:58 PM ---No, in 25 years of this disease, what you dont think there have been others in your situation.  CHapped lips are very common, you dont get HIV from kissing.  You werent even bleeding when you kissed the guy, even if you were, the answer is still NO.  For it to even be considered a theoretical risk, the guy or you must of been gushing blood out like some sort of vampires, and how attractive is that, you wouldnt be kissing each other would you.  Move on you dont have HIV.  Your sore muscles are something else, not related to.  The fact that the guy began to ignore you, put yourself in his shoes, you just acused him of giving you something lol, how would you feel.  You dont need testing, but get tested in 3 months is conclusive, you will test negative, once again, you dont need to test.

--- End quote ---

I feel as if god wants to punish me.  You see, I'm not the nicest person; I'm clinically depressed, so I have mood swings and can become irritable. 

I cry myself to sleep each night.  I have absolutely nobody to talk to. 

My hair is falling out, pretty soon I will be bald.  I constantly have panic attacks, and I am unable to deal with the public.  I stay in my room most of the day, in bed, crying and googling stuff. 

That guy is a sneaky snake.  I just know it.  Stupid me for even agreeing to meet him.  I cannot wait until the end of JUNE to get tested.

The back of my right arm hurts like hell (upper part).  I have read MUSCLE SORENESS is a symptom. 

I have not eaten since Monday night.  I won't eat.  I rather just put be out of my misery through starvation.

I just want the truth, not pity. 

possop:
Man, if you search the internet everything will be a symptom. Dont do that, stay on forums like this, dont start googling stuff or you will see that everything and anything is an HIV symptom. First, you do not have HIV, no one has ever gotten HIV through kissing so relax. Two, what you are looking at, or rather what you should not be looking at but anyways are ARS symptoms, those symptoms are still too early to show in someone who had engaged in hiv risky activities, but in your case you will never gt those symptoms because your activities do not pose any risk for hiv transmition. Third, ARS symptoms come all at once, they just dont start one after the other, but most importantly of all, symptoms mean nothing, if you are ever engaging in unprotected sex or sharing needles you should test.  Your behavior does not pose a risk for HIV relax you dont need testing.  Oh and God is not punishing you, HIV is not a punishment from God, its just a virus you acquire through unprotected sex or sharing needles.  You once again do not have HIV, kissing does not cause HIV.  Stick around this forum and you will see there are a lot of HIV + and HIV - relationships, not one of them is at risk from the other for kissing.

depressed_one:

--- Quote from: possop on May 07, 2008, 03:11:46 PM ---Man, if you search the internet everything will be a symptom. Dont do that, stay on forums like this, dont start googling stuff or you will see that everything and anything is an HIV symptom. First, you do not have HIV, no one has ever gotten HIV through kissing so relax. Two, what you are looking at, or rather what you should not be looking at but anyways are ARS symptoms, those symptoms are still too early to show in someone who had engaged in hiv risky activities, but in your case you will never gt those symptoms because your activities do not pose any risk for hiv transmition. Third, ARS symptoms come all at once, they just dont start one after the other, but most importantly of all, symptoms mean nothing, if you are ever engaging in unprotected sex or sharing needles you should test.  Your behavior does not pose a risk for HIV relax you dont need testing.  Oh and God is not punishing you, HIV is not a punishment from God, its just a virus you acquire through unprotected sex or sharing needles.  You once again do not have HIV, kissing does not cause HIV.  Stick around this forum and you will see there are a lot of HIV + and HIV - relationships, not one of them is at risk from the other for kissing.

--- End quote ---

You misread what I wrote.  I said I had chapped lips, some skin peeled off, and there was some blood.  But, by the time we were making out, it wasn't bleeding, but still a wound does not heal so quickly.  Something from his mouth could've easily seeped onto my lip, crawling its way into my wound.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version