HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

worried and extremely scared

(1/1)

xxxx:
I am a MSM and i had unprotected anal sex with a boy abt 1 and a half years ago and had had no side effects and after that no sex at all and abt 5 days back i had an unprotected blow job .I am havin a sore throat.Now can i be infected and the thing i want to know is that if the person who i am havin sex is HIV positive then only will i get it or oterwise.....
I live in a country where aids is not a common topic of discussion and had little knowledge..........i came about your site and knew about aids so can you tell me that am i in a risk or not?
Am very scared and i didnt even know how was it transmitted :-[

Ann:
xxxx,

You cannot become infected with hiv unless the person you are having unprotected intercourse with has hiv. You need to assume that anyone you have intercourse with is hiv positive - and use condoms.

Getting a blowjob is NOT a risk for hiv infection. So you're ok on that score.

However, unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse IS a risk for hiv infection. As you have had unprotected intercourse in the past, you do need to test.

Symptoms or the lack of symptoms will not inform you of your hiv status. Only testing will reliably tell you your hiv status.

You can test now for a conclusive result.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread and follow the links for further transmission and testing information.

Good luck with the testing.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version