POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 24, 2014, 09:54:03 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23030
  • Latest: milodog
Stats
  • Total Posts: 631797
  • Total Topics: 47832
  • Online Today: 266
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 426 tcells 15% and 341k VL - should i start meds or wait exposed feb 2005  (Read 1558 times)

Offline bimazek

exposed feb 2005   tested poz 2006
results from March 2008 --  426 tcells 15% and 341k VL -- what should i do start or wait
my Tcell number went up since jan 08 but my viral load spiked up too it was never over 75k before and usually in the 20k -30k range
i had a tough feb and march stress and travel etc
my numbers in january were  368 tcells 16% and 41k VL i was getting close to starting meds maybe atripla

in 2007 they were in the tcells 400s and 30k and 23%
in 2006 they were in the tcells 500s and 30k and 24%

My plan was to start when i got to 350 Tcells or below but i have never got that low
so
should i delay another 3 months and hope that my VL drops or
well
i have decided to wait for 3 months unless there is some health problem
i am feeling fatigued alot sleeping alot
but that could  just be depression
what i thought was a sore throat infection turned out by Dr. to be a allergy sinus thing that drips down to tonsils  anyway
i decided at least for now to wait

please share your thoughts
exposed feb 2005   tested poz 2006 i was hoping to go for 5, or 7 or 9 years without meds
only 3 years has passed seems fast to start already

how low should i go,   350 is definitely my number i will not go much below that, maybe 340 or 330 with 44k VL i might still not start ( i know europe starts at 500 now but i saw the graphs at UCLA and 350 is good to start safe)

or if the % drops below 14% which is aids

so at this point i go back in june 1st for test.
i was all set to start then i chickened out or the numbers were different for me, i was expecting low cd4 not  high VL
oh well
no mistakes just learning and taking charge

my Dr. actually seemed more nice and human this time - he is poz too and doesnt have much empathy very cold cut and dry

please post your thoughts so i can be more worried and concerned and phillyguy please post something judgemental against me so i can get it removed by the moderator and and matt damned say i am doomed

Offline dgr20002

To me personally you look to be in a slightly downward trend and I would start meds. I must stress however that I am not a doctor. I only play one on TV.

David

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.