Main Forums > Living With HIV

One of "those" days

(1/6) > >>

aztecan:
We all have those days when we wish we simply hadn't gotten out of bed. Well, today was mine.

I met a newly diagnosed person today. She is 18 and six months pregnant and, up until now, has had no prenatal care. Thank the powers that be New Mexico, the state in which I live, automatically tests all pregnant women when they see a OB/GYN. At least now she can receive services/help.

I visited someone else at a nursing home later in the day. The bad news is his KS lesions don't seem to be abating and he still cannot swallow anything solid. The good news is the feeding tube and round the clock feeding has helped him gain two pounds and today, for the first time in quite a while, he actually was able to move his legs by himself.

I then visited another person who is at home. He is having trouble eating and is down to about 75 pounds. I keep trying to encourage him, but today his mother again asked whether I think he will make it. All I could say was time will tell, but not to give up hope.

I then came home to a phone message from someone I hadn't heard from in a very long time. She said an old friend of mine died yesterday. My friend and I worked together almost 20 years ago. He had open heart surgery where they installed metal valves in his heart. You could hear them clicking if you stood next to him.
Apparently, when the surgery was done in the early 80s, he received a blood transfusion. About three months ago, he became very ill. He was hospitalized for most of the last three months. Turns out, when they gave him blood, they also gave him Hep C. Since he wasn't in a high-risk group, nobody thought to test for it.
He was a damn good reporter and writer. He also was an absolute nut and his wife is just as crazy and fun as he was.

There is no real point to all of this. It was just one of those days and I needed to vent. Thanks for reading.

HUGS,

Mark

Teresa:
Mark,

And here I thought I was having one of "those" days. I am ashamed of myself for thinking woe is me today.

You are a special man to do what you do. I know it cant be easy sometimes but I know those people appreciate everything you do for them.

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Its always hard to lose a friend.

Hugs
Teresa

fearless:
Big Hugs Mark,

One of those days.

Lis:
god bless you Mark...

lisbeth

AlanBama:
We all have those days honey.   I'm sorry for the loss of your friend.

You're a good guy Mark.....I know, just because you get to wear the white hat doesn't make it any easier, does it?

Hugs to you, my friend....

Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version