Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Can Gonorhea clear itself?

(1/2) > >>

rocket:
Ok,not on meds yet,cd4=492,vl=21k.My doc did most of the std test except for ghonorhea and chlamydia.I had a green discharge from my penis about five years ago and that was only sign I had of a symptom,didnt get it checked out.So I asked my doc to check for gonarhea and chymidia,telling him it could be from 5 years ago.He did a swab of my penis but not my throat saying that there would be puss and I couldnt swallow if I had it in my thraot.I told him that I read on internet that sometimes there are no symptoms.He thinks the gonerhea might have cleared itself,maybe I 'flushed it out" with fluids.im confused,id hate to still have gonerhea/clamydia still untreated .Im waiting for the swab test but none was done for my thraot.Could I still have gonerhea from 5 years ago?

J.R.E.:
Hello ,

I do not believe that gonorrhea can "clear itself" it needs to be treated. Here is a link with some more info :

http://www.cdc.gov/std/Gonorrhea/STDFact-gonorrhea.htm#What

Ray

GSOgymrat:
My doctor told me that gonorrhea in the throat can clear itself.

rocket:
Thanks gymrat and j.r,two conflicting opinions,just like talking to my doc,lol.i think ill go to an std clinic and get another opinion,I think this deserves another opinion.

GSOgymrat:
Let us know what you find out.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version