Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

ADD + Depression + pain killers = BAD MIX

(1/2) > >>

pozattitude:
I haven't been around much lately, although I do look at the posts daily. 
I don't know if you remember about my Dysplasia and the "procedure" I had done back in December of 2007....well the surgery was successfull but I fell into a spiral downhill fall since and just recently started to feel better.
I decided to stop taking my ADD meds and my Cymbalta for the PN and depression...hey I was feeling pretty good and didn't think I needed it anymore.....
than came surgery and the recovery was very painful to say the least....so I had an unlimited supply of vicodin...and I was popping them like they were tic-tacs....
a month into my "post op" recovery I found myself so fucking depressed and even more frustrated than anything else...i just couldn't function, I just slept and ate ice cream!!!!
It took me a good month to realize who depressed I've become again and I decided that as much as don't want to take any more pills than I have to take, unfortunately my ADD meds and my Cymbalta are 2 of the meds I have to take.....
so after this "episode" I am finally back to being myself again....and I learned my lesson...I HAVE MAJOR ADD and I DO HAVE DEPRESSION....and I have to be on meds for that too.....

anyhow....I'm glad to be back

Rich

thunter34:
Glad to have you back, Rich!

Love & Stuff,

Tim

Buckmark:
Rich,

I too am glad that you are back from your downward spiral.  And happy that the surgery was successful.

Meds are funny like that, sometimes:  when you feel better, sometimes you think you don't need to take
them any longer.  I'm glad you realized that they are right and necessary for you.

Hugs,

Henry

rick21007:
Rich---my hat is off to you for doin' the work to get yourself back to where you need to be.  Not an easy thang to do.

Rick

BT65:
Rich, I've been on the narcotics merry-go-round before.  It's not an easy thing to come back from.  Glad you made it back. :-*

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version