Main Forums > Living With HIV

Sharp end to my perfect day

(1/6) > >>

newt:
It has been a pefect sunshine day, with friends, the beach, swimming and a brai as the sun set with the cats lazing in the Bergamont, and now a friend rings to tell me my very good friend and colleague passed away aged 54 in London tonight from complications of decompensated liver cirrhosis related to her Hep B infection.  Possibly the result of her starting HIV treatment before Christmas and a serious hepatitis flare-up.  She is survived by her current and former partner, one of each gender, and two children, one from each family.  I will miss her, and dammit there's tears on my keyboard.  Dunno whu I share this with you right away. She was an amazing woman, an activist in her own quiet way and the only person who I believed when she said "I understand you completely"

Goodnight sunshine.

- matt

Now playing dammit: No WomanNo Cry, Hugh Masekela

jkinatl2:
{{{{Newt}}}}}

I am very sorry for your loss. She sounds like a remarkable woman.

Cliff:
I'm sorry to hear this Matt.  Does seem like those perfect sunshine days conceal the fast approaching storm clouds.  My condolences.

Teresa:
So very sorry for the loss of your friend.

Big hugs
Teresa

RAB:
Matt

"Goodnight Sunshine"

Raise a glass of wine, let the tears flow onto the keyboard, remember her quiet activism.  It won't erase the injustice or the pain, but it seems like it would be a fitting tribute.

RAB

(((((((HUGS))))))

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version