Main Forums > Living With HIV

19 YEARS! Where or where have those years gone?

(1/8) > >>

RAB:
19 YEARS!

Tomorrow (Saturday--July 15th) is our (damn fool and mine) anniversary. 

July 15th, 1987, we met for the first time.  I was wearing a blue blazer, color coordinated shirt and tie, and slacks.  He was wearing a t-shirt and blue jeans.  His hair was BIG and permed.  He had a mustache.  He was drop dead gorgeous.  I knew instantly.  There was no question, he was the one for me.

This morning, as he was giving me my Fuzeon injection, my eyes strayed into the bathroom mirror, where I saw our reflection.  We've aged.  It shows, there is no question.  But what I saw in that reflection was the same man I saw 19 years ago tomorrow.  Full dark head of hair.  Classic handsome features.  Tall and lean.  With an ass to die for.

I'm not just lucky.  I am truly blessed. 

Life is good if you want to know the truth.  Throughout those entire 19 years, my HIV/Aids, has been a part of our relationship (he was with me every step of the way, even when death was predicted to be coming in the next 12 - 18 months), but it hasn't been the definition of our relationship. 

Tomorrow, we'll clean the bathroom, we'll mow the lawn, we'll fuss and fume at one another.  Tomorrow evening we'll go to Ruth's Chris for a fantastic dinner.  At some point, we'll raise our glasses and look in one another's eyes and without speaking we'll say. . . . .

RAB

jerry:
Damn Rocky I was 16 years old and going into the 11th grade of high school. Time really flys by.

AlanBama:
Congratulations honey, and happy anniversary!   I can't think of anyone who deserves it more than you.

Love,

Alan

Dachshund:

Happy Anniversary you old softy!     

Lis:
oh stop it you pussy!!! i got a year on ya!!!! LOL

those years are where they should be.. BEHIND us... we have done GOOD!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version