Main Forums > Living With HIV

Just in case you were wondering.

(1/4) > >>

Moffie65:
OK, today started out in front of the toilet AGAIN! and I am wondering when this nasty side effect from Trizivir is going to stop.  I guess maybe my body is not cut out for AZT, which is a tad bit worrysome, as my virus seems to only be sensitive to AZT now.  I am going into Tucson next Monday to see my doctor, and then I will know my current numbers and chat with him about what my options are.  I do know something already, and that is I am so tired of being sick. 

I also signed up with Body Positive in Phoenix, to join a final stage study to conquer Peripheral Neuropathy.  I am not sure what the details are, but I do know someone who was in the first phase in San Francisco, and he had almost total relief from his treatments.  He was in a wheelchair, and in the space of two months was able to run the Bay to Breakers Run.  For those of you who don't know what that is, it is a foot race across the city from the bay to the ocean, or a run of about 7 miles and across five hills.  I know I would be happy with any reduction in pain, but to be able to run and walk again without pain would be Nirvana.  This is my first "Study" and I just figure it is my turn, as many of the friends I have buried in the past, were immersed in studies all the time, and for them, I guess it is time I went to the head of the line. 

OK, now back to relaxing in front of the TV.  I just have so little energy these days, and am so sorry that I don't have the mental fortitude to sit down here each day and communicate with each of you that I have grown to love so much.  I just cannot find the energy anymore.  I guess I shouldn't be too surprised, as my body is obviously in quite a struggle with these poisons.  For those of you who are medication naive, please stay that way as long as you possibly can.

In Love and Pain.

Lisa:
You're not alone Timmy.

Lisa
(who is feeling pretty wrung out today too)

Kisses for you my friend. :-* :-*

Teresa:
Tim,

Know that I'm sending good thoughts your way and you are in my prayers. You sit, relax, and take care of yourself.

Much love :-*
Teresa

allanq:
Tim,

Good luck with the PN study. I hope you get relief from the pain that you've been dealing with.

Do you know any details of the study?  Are they trying a new drug? Capcaisin patches?

I've had PN for the past ten years. Not disabling, just very uncomfortable and sometimes painful. I tried acupuncture, but I gave up after 8 sessions that gave no relief. I participated in a study for something called Nerve Growth Factor--also no relief (even though I found out I was in the non-placebo arm of the study).

Looking forward to hearing the results from your study participation.

Take care,

Allan

Christine:
I hope your feeling better soon. Take good care of yourself! Make sure your fluid intake stays up, try to eat small meals throughout the day, and rest. I have been plagued with belly problems for most of this past year, and they can be so draining.

Christine

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version