Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2016, 07:06:48 PM

Login with username, password and session length

• Total Members: 29405
  • Latest: leevian
  • Total Posts: 701765
  • Total Topics: 55715
  • Online Today: 269
  • Online Ever: 1421
  • (August 13, 2016, 05:18:44 AM)
Users Online
Users: 5
Guests: 201
Total: 206

Welcome to the POZ Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: sci phi story  (Read 1149 times)

Offline em

sci phi story
« on: August 11, 2015, 09:26:03 AM »
just though this might be an entertaining read for an off topic idea
a day dream I had the other day

2ND chance

An eighty year old man is in a hospital bed. this guy walks in and says hello I am here to offer you a chance at a better life we have a  procedure that might extend and better your life. According to your medical record you are close to  having complete organ failure do to   advanced years. this is all in your medical record. that when you pass on it will be soon there is nothing that can be done. we have an option for you in a procedure for a complete organ transplant. I will not lie to you  it is high risk but it is up to you. If you want to take the chance an extent ion to your life may be possible. we have a donor and you are a tissue match. the old man says I have lived a full life and have allot to show for it I do not want to suffer a long drown out painful years with a pain filled transplant I do not know. The guy who looks like a medical professional says if not for your own life allow us to work on you and better our knowledge and procedures to better the lives of more people. You will be doing a great service by allowing this procedure to be done. This is highly experimental surgery that is cutting edge. If you agree this will advance medical technology so much. It is not like you have other plans you can hold on for some time like this but leaving this bed is highly unlikely and only a matter of a short time before the end comes for you. You are going to slowly drift away under a morphine drip. You seem to me to want what is best for you and what will better man kind. The medical staff will learn so much from this procedure.

SO the eighty year old man agrees to the procedure and sign the release. He is rolled out of his room and moved to an operation holding area were they sedate him and comfort him. The doctor  that he had talked to is with him and says this is a great thing you are doing . they take him and leave the hospital in a helicopter to another location for the operation.

the eighty year old man wakes up in a room and the doctor he had met is with him. congratulations the operation was a complete sauces. I could not tell you at the time but this procedure was not just organ transplant but an entire body transplant kind of ghoulish  but if I had suggested it you might have thought me crazy and well I did not think it would work.

The eighty year old man says I feel great but could you tell me some more about this procedure. the doctor says you have been out for about six months while you healed. we removed your brain after it was checked for any damage or imperfections and transplanted into this body. the eighty year old man asks as he lifts the sheets you did not say a body transplant and you did not say it would be female. I did not and would not have agreed to a sex change. The body was female and a tissue match to you. The eighty year old asks what happen to the girl that this body used to be. Well that is thing we had taken a baby born with out a brain a defect that happens one in some very large number of child berths. we grew the child to adult size about 15 years old and went looking for someone to transplant into the body. you were selected by a board of doctors to be the recipient of this  second chance at a new long life.

later on he find out he is not the only one that there is a large group of a about a hundred or so people all of whom are on there 2ND lives and even some on there third.

this book would be the the story of what they do how they live. this was a day dream I had and wanted to share.

a small group of industrialists want to start a war. being how it does not matter what side wins or losses just as long as the war stimulates economic growth on both sides there is alto of money to be made

I had written a story about a guy who gets trapped by his computer and what develops there have been a few movies about that
maybe I will rewrite that one it still has some ideas that might be relevant. Trapped by a computer sci phi or art imitating life

I would rather give this stuff away for free than never have it see the light of day

Offline em

Re: sci phi story
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 01:46:16 PM »
something I thought was a funny experience worth sharing when I  tell this story it  seems to get a  laugh.

a short story from my past. worth laughing about

I was fifteen when this story happened.

my grandfather used to make his own ammo.

he had made some brass ringed hollow tips for a relative that was a county sheriff.

when this ammo hits it shreds into razor shrapnel and cuts into the flesh destroying a large junk of tissue

we as a family my dad  three uncles there wives and children went to visit and deliver the ammo to the sheriff.

I had thought it might be interesting to ask the sheriff why he needed dangerous illegal ammo

So I asked. Why do you need hollow tip ammo?

He said for bear and cityfoke on PCP.

I said how do you tell if someone from the city is on PCP.

I thought he would say agitated hyper activity with no self control unstoppable anger and uncontrollable aggressive behavior or something like that.

NO he says

O you all are !

I let loose a nerves laugh

My uncles grabbed me and said how dare you laugh at the sherif

They took me to a shed and locked me inside to teach me a lessen?

My father had told me a while later the state police had found out he had illegal ammo and told him he was not allowed to have it.

o well just a true story of americana

Offline em

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2015, 10:11:42 PM »
 just found out about a new show on the fox network called second chance. Starting this January. The show from what I can gather is about a police officer who gets killed at the age of 75 and then his body is somehow ends up in an experiment that brings him back to life like Frankenstein's monster and makes him younger to about thirty five and strong like the 6 million dollar man at least that is what I heard. Not what I had written but  similar. To bad this page even though it  is dated and basically published for anyone to read. The idea of going back in age like the fountain of youth is an old story. Just a science way of doing it is new and well an idea I had thought of and written down here . Someone else has run with the same idea.  To bad I had no where to turn with my idea to help earn a living with ideas. I bet the guys who wrote that story for the TV show live in a Malibu beach house with a different car for each day of the week and the luxuries I can only dream of. TO bad there is no way they would share the wealth with this web sight that had similar idea to there story. Just dumb luck their story and mine coming out about the same time. Their story a big deal my story not so much. I was writting to my audience thinking it might get some attention and become something.I guess I was wrong. The story they tell mentions cancer but not HIV ? I guess they thought a main character with HIV would turn people off from the show ? I do not know, they may have never read this post it might just be conincidence.

just a story that people can dream about

all my best EM

Offline em

« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2016, 09:02:54 AM »
Just watched the pilot for second chance on FOX network

similar to the story I wrote dated above.

a older person has a procedure to become young

granted there development of the story is much cooler then mine and the computer money angle that looks like it was taken from Knight rider.

the cancer angle ? I had thought when the character had said my numbers look bad and the chemo is no longer working I had thought maybe they were talking about HIV.  The transfusions  and manipulated blood a treatment for HIV.  They mention cancer later on. still an illness, I should have included HIV  in my story. Missed that one.

The part about him being a sheriff ??   The second story I wrote.

which by the way was an accurate telling of a true story. I had left out that after being locked in a shed for a very long time,  we left the festivities before they had begun  we were planning on staying a while with our relatives. When I had asked MY uncle why we were leaving so early. He said because YOU had worn out our welcome. I have not been back there since and that was over 35 years ago. The rest of my family tell stories on face book about the good times they have out there in the woods. I guess that bridge was burnt. Lesson learned when someone says something very stupid do not laugh at what they say even if it is the most funniest thing you had heard in a long time.

" Ya  ALL ARE " still cracks me up. 

all my best

Offline em

« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:27:25 PM »
Because of the similarities between this story I wrote and the TV show on fox. I was sorry to see did not get a second season. I am just thinking maybe another idea might do as well if not better.

A story about an HIV positive long time survivor that unlike most stories about hiv does not end in death but goes on up and down and all around as life sometimes does. I am sure we the members of this web sight could bounce around some ideas and see if they go anywhere?

I know I keep asking this but this time it might be the right time for this.

I mean most popular movies are actions adventure that make money and the ones that get awards are about real life. One about HIV might get an oscar. IF done right and what is right? Right is what we those who are HIV+ would like to see a movie about our lives should be. Most HIV movies are about dying from it ? Is it not about time one shows living with it and maybe even living well and even better then most  people who do not have HIV live?

Just read about a new movie that is being made about this Colombian drug lord in Miami and if  I recall correctly this person had a person they did not like cut up into pieces and left on the side of the road in a box making sure it was found and that people new not to mess with them ?? This was the movie of the past few decades about making crime lords into movie stories ? I think it is about time a story be told about survival in a lonely cruel world we share. Overcoming diversity and living despite being HIV + . Not about making Heroes out of out laws,  drug lords  and crime bosses.

Another story idea I had was a reversal on the damsel being rescued by the brave knight. A lonely widower and his children being rescued by a pop star but not by fate or chance but by the people of our tech generation manipulating life for the better of those living. helping to get people together using technology of cell phones and computers to influence a chance encounter between two people and helping it along. I even had an ending to the story of the happy ending saying this was all a dream and if you think something like this could actually be real you need to either get back on your meds get new meds or start taking meds cause it is just a fantasy story ?? that was how I thought a story about the absurd  chance meeting from a famous person and a regular nobody might go ? If famous people go out of favor are has-bins then what does that make the rest of us. Should we be  defined as  never-was. So this story was about a never was meeting a shooting star ?

Than again I could be wrong but as far as I had heard John Lennon and Yoko Ono had met.

She was in a mental health facility and she heard on the radio John Lennon was coming to town. She had told her brother that he was coming to rescue her . He went to the hotel he was staying at  and told some people about his sister and how he wanted to prove to her she was wrong and needed to get help and stop fantasizing her life away or something like that.  John Lennon being a person that liked people and liked being part of a story I guess went with him to meet this fan. When they met she threw her arms around him and they were never apart after that.

NOt true I know but sounds like a great story though

Just writing down my thoughts and feelings about this 

A story about a female drug lord is what Jennifer Lopez is going to make ? I think one about HIV might not make as much money but might give hope and strength to people with illnesses and those effected by the loss these illnesses cause in people lives If not HIV then cancer or something ?

even though someone is down does not mean they are out ??

is the thought  I would like to see in a story about  HIV

sorry to go on so much I hope this finds you well and helps in some small way like writing it helped  me

Just some fictitious inter net stories about life and people to help pass the time any real truth that might be read in between these lines was purely by accident and any real life resemblance to real people was by accident.

this is the inter net and story telling is what it is all about at least I thought so ? fact checking and truth are another story to be told by another writer ?

I Hope you found this entertaining and worth the read

I had wrote alot of stuff about an HIV story by my self but it seriously depressed me and started me down a road  I did not want to go alone

thank you

Online Ptrk3

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: Today at 04:48:46 PM »
Thank you for sharing your creative ideas with Forum members.  Writing is a productive, positive, and therapeutic way to deal with your emotions. I wish you continued good luck in your creative projects.
HIV 101 - Basics
HIV 101
You can read more about Transmission and Risks here:
HIV Transmission and Risks
You can read more about Testing here:
HIV Testing
You can read more about Treatment-as-Prevention (TasP) here:
You can read more about HIV prevention here:
HIV prevention
You can read more about PEP and PrEP here
PEP and PrEP

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2016 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.