HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

My Situation - Nervous Wreck

(1/3) > >>

STB:
I've been a wreck for a little over a week while waiting for my HIV test to come back.  There's a good chance that when I call tomorrow they will have my results ready, and I'll be able to go get them.  I just found this site, so I figured I'd see what people have to say about my recent scare.  Here it goes....

I recently found out that someone I was with in October tested positive for HIV in December.  We performed oral on eachother.  He actually swallowed my cum.  He did not cum in my mouth.  Nor has anyone.  I don't remember if there was pre-cum or not.  I can't get hold of him at all.  So my first concern was that he was positive when we had oral, in which case I was exposed by sucking him.  My mouth would have been in "every day condition".  No oral surgury, open wounds, etc.  But who knows about those small cuts that you don't see, etc.  My second concern is that I was positive prior to us being together and I infected him when he took my cum in his mouth.  Again, if I was infected prior it would most likely have to been due to pre-cum in my mouth (again nobody has cum in my mouth, although I've had pre-cum in my mouth.  and I've never done anal at all). 

I read the range of opinions, thoughts, studies, etc on oral.  I know there is some risk, and it's hard to quantify that risk.  My nerves are shot though.  The fact is that this guy is positive.  Any feedback people have for me would be appreciated.

Morgan:
STB,

Oral sex is very, very low risk for the performer, and no risk for the receiver.  As he did not cum and you did not do anal it futher diminishes your risk.  I think your odds are very good on avoiding infection in what you describe.

There have been long term studies with couples where one is positive and one is neg and the only protection used was condoms for penetrative sex.  After thousands of unprotected blowjobs, not one infection.

Bottom line:  Oral sex alone is a very small risk.  You should be fine.

Morgan

Broken:

I too am going through this anxiety, I just want you to know that you are not alone.

At the end of the day, regardless of the result.....we're still alive and gonna stay that way!!!

I wish for you nothing but the best!

Morgan:
Broken,

You are in no position to be dishing out advice on this forum.  Please confine your remarks to your own thread.

I would NEVER quantify anal sex as small risk..... as a matter of fact, it doesn't get much higher.

Morgan

Broken:

--- Quote from: Morgan on July 12, 2006, 10:12:09 PM ---Broken,

You are in no position to be dishing out advice on this forum.  Please confine your remarks to your own thread.

I would NEVER quantify anal sex as small risk..... as a matter of fact, it doesn't get much higher.

Morgan

--- End quote ---

My apologies, post modified.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version