POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 27, 2014, 01:43:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 24069
  • Latest: elanlew
Stats
  • Total Posts: 647625
  • Total Topics: 49354
  • Online Today: 232
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: It's snowing!!  (Read 2553 times)

Offline minismom

• Quocumque jeceris stabit
It's snowing!!
« on: December 05, 2007, 11:20:11 AM »
Woke up this morning to a beautiful blanket of white snow!  The fireplace is roaring. I'm in my warm fuzzies (with no intention of putting on real clothes).  Already had hot peppermint tea, hot apple cinnamon tea, and hot chocolate.  Homemade soup on the stove and homemade rolls rising.  Gotta love the snowy northern tundra.

In a couple of hours, we'll start the half hour process of dressing the kiddoes in no less than 5 layers of clothes, goop 'em up with vaseline to keep away the windburn, and set them loose.  10 minutes later, they'll be back inside half frozen ;D.  My floors will be wet and muddy from the boots they forgot to take off on the hard wood before runnin across the carpet.  And, I'll have a huge bundle of clothes to toss in the dryer and snotty noses to contend with. Gotta hate the snowy northern tundra.

It's too cold here most of the year for the inlaws to invade.  Gotta totally be gitty happy lovin' the snowy northern tundra!

Mum (who's in just one of those moods)
www.watoto.com
www.MotherBearProject.org
"Whichever way you throw me, i will stand"
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline bear60

Re: It's snowing!!
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:46:23 PM »
You beat me to it.  It started snowing here in Philadelphia only about an hour ago.  Big fluffy wet flakes.
Poz Bear Type in Philadelphia

Offline minismom

« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 03:14:14 PM »
Yep, Bear, and we're neighbors.  Ain't it beeeuuuutiful?
www.watoto.com
"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today...it's already tomorrow in Australia"  Charles Schultz

Offline fearless

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 04:23:11 PM »
What a sweet little post.  :D
For the record, it was over 70 farenheit and 95% humidity at 7am. I was dripping with sweat by the time I finished my 2 mile walk to work. As I look out the window the sky is dense,  dark grey and swirling angrily. The thunder is growling, deep and low and rattles your chest cage. The heavena will open shortly, for sure.
Welcome to La Nina, Sydney style.
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 04:30:47 PM »
Hi Mom

We have 28 derees Centigrade,  can't figure out what that is in Farenheit..so we are in shorts and strappy tops here in NZ, summer has been a long time coming..but I do miss the snow at this time of year..Christmas doesn't seem the same with out it..enjoy.

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 04:44:40 PM »
It started snowing at 3:30 am this morning and hasn't quit. I think the last I heard we've got four inches. I've seen it, it can go now. I'm ready for spring.

Offline mjmel

« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 05:02:42 PM »
Spent my afternoon shoveling snow off walkway and pushing snow off the driveway with the Kubota/front end loader. Lordy, my back is complaining from what I had to do by hand, but it sure is pretty and white up in these woods (Ohio). It was more than 4" here......maybe 6.

Mike M

Offline fearless

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2007, 05:14:08 PM »
Hi Mom

We have 28 derees Centigrade,  can't figure out what that is in Farenheit..so we are in shorts and strappy tops here in NZ, summer has been a long time coming..but I do miss the snow at this time of year..Christmas doesn't seem the same with out it..enjoy.

Hugs

That's a heat wave for you folk from the far south of Southland, Jan. People will end up in hospital with heat stroke
Be forgiving, be grateful, be optimistic

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #8 on: December 05, 2007, 05:36:41 PM »
 :D..you got that right Steve..first sign of the sun here in NZ and people  start stripping off..they were in their summer gear while I still had my 3 layers on..I've been told on many occasions to "toughen up" anything less than 23 and I'm keeping my layers on... ;)

Hugs
(whos blood hasn't quite thickened up yet and doesn't have enough fat to keep her warm.. :D)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline 404error

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2007, 05:50:40 PM »
anything less than 23 and I'm keeping my layers on...

this past summer we had less than 10 days where the temperature rose above that mark.  needless to say summer completely sucked.
A social critic who promotes equality...

Offline MOONLIGHT1114

• Cheech 2.2.94 - 4.23.10 We miss you so much!
« Reply #10 on: December 05, 2007, 06:39:28 PM »
We got 4.2 inches in Frederick, Maryland today, in the DC Metro area, and its still coming down tonight.  Everyone is freaking out.  I just smile.  I love this weather, very cozy!

Oh and they let us out early from my new job that I just started this week, too!   ;D
HIV+ since '93, 1/12 - CD4 785 and undet.   WOO-HOO!!

Offline newbernswiss

« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2007, 08:29:32 PM »
Each of your responses remind me why I moved to sunny Florida. :D

Offline DCGUY2007

« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2007, 02:33:17 AM »
It snowed here yesterday in Washington D.C. area too. I wasn't so happy at first. Took me almost two hours to get home. But the snow looks great on the grass and trees  :D

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2007, 10:15:01 AM »
Jan, I'm ready to come build your barn. It got down to 3 degrees here this morning.

Offline minismom

« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2007, 04:15:37 PM »
Woke up this morning and it was 0 degrees.  The snow was so pretty and our driveway was covered.  We live on a few hills and our driveway is about 1/4 miles long winding up.  We can see the "main" road (if you can call it that) and it looks pretty clear.  A lot of times we are stuck because we can't make it down our driveway.  But, Dh got out and shoveled.  The sky is clear blue and the sun is shining.  We got up to a balming 29 degrees today :o.  By Monday, though, it's supposed to be in the 50's.  All the snow will be gone and we'll be left with a big, nasty, muddy, mess.  Kids were out snowboarding and sledding for 1 1/2 hours! 

Dh and I are from the deep south so the first winter after we moved here, my mom had to take us shopping for WV winter essentials.  We didn't even own winter coats.

Mum
www.watoto.com

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2007, 12:18:46 PM »
Over here in Ohio (s of cleveland), we just got another 3 inches last nite. One of the nice things to finally moving in with my partner is that he owns a snowblower! (although I like the fact that he has a pool much much more; but I'm too scared of hypothermia to break the ice and jump in the water today. ROFL)

;D mikie
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2007, 05:46:12 PM »
It is currently 80 degrees fahrenheit or 27 degrees celsius with humidity at 47% here in lovely north Texas.

I prefer this to snow...

Offline leatherman

• Google and HIV meds are Your Friends
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2007, 10:53:07 PM »
It is currently 80 degrees fahrenheit or 27 degrees celsius with humidity at 47% here in lovely north Texas.
I prefer this to snow...

You're sounding like my mom trying to get me to move back down South away from these devilsih Yankees.  ;D Although as much as these Ohioans fuss about the snow, you'd think they'd be moving South. Personally, I love the snow!

mikie
(who refuses to load up all his worldly possessions and drive through the W Va mountains ever again)
leatherman (aka mIkIE)

chart from 1992-2013; updated 2/09/13  Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2007, 07:10:13 AM »
Yes, here in Northcentral Indiana, we've had snow for a few days now.  People freak out as usual, there's the usual slide-offs on the roads, but all in all, it's not too bad.  However, if it only came on Christmas Eve and then melted a couple days after that, I sure wouldn't complain! 
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline minismom

« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2007, 08:16:32 AM »
We're gonna be going through the ugly meltdown over the next couple of days. We got about 6 inches dumped on us in 2 days and now the temps are getting up to the high 40's to mid 50's.  We'll be sloshing in the world's biggest mud bath by Monday.  I wouldn't mind if there was a light coating that stayed on the ground until the grass grew back. Actually, I wouldn't mind if it stayed cold forever if it means the inlaws would stay away.  And, Mikie, I was just about to invite ya over for some tea till I saw you weren't ever gonna come over our mountains ;).

Mum (who truly does have a slight loathing for her inlaws)
www.watoto.com

Offline penguin

• The Penguin Whisperer
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2007, 09:55:48 AM »
we have rain here, lots of rain... and some gale force winds thrown in for good measure - does that count..?  :)

when i was a small person living in cold places, i used to love making snow angels - something very satisfying about leaving an impression in freshly fallen snow, & the way the air sounded, almost empty, kinda muffled, against your eardrums as you lay there.  I'd like to do that again, one day.

kate

Offline Winiroo

• Positive since 1991
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
You're sounding like my mom trying to get me to move back down South away from these devilsih Yankees.  ;D Although as much as these Ohioans fuss about the snow, you'd think they'd be moving South. Personally, I love the snow!

mikie
(who refuses to load up all his worldly possessions and drive through the W Va mountains ever again)

LOL devilish Yankees

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.