Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Surplus meds I can't use!

(1/2) > >>

stevevaboy:
HI... I just recently started taking Truvada and Viramune.  Because of a computer glitch when mail-ordering a new prescription I was sent a 3 month supply of Viramune a couple of weeks ago, but found out this morning that I won't be taking Viramune any longer.  Now I'm stuck with a 3 month, unopened supply of Viramune (which my account was charged $50) and I'm told to just toss it in the trash!!!!  That seems completely insane, but I guess I understand the reasoning what with all of the drug tampering and lunatics out there.

I would love to recoup my $50 loss and put the drugs to good use.  I was hoping someone would find that to be a bargain price and take them off of my hands, but at the very least direct me to a source that could put the drugs to use in a less fortunate country.  The safety seals are still on the 3 unopened bottles. 

Any suggestions or offers?????

THANKS!!!  Steve

Ann:
Steve,

The Gatherings Forum isn't the right place for this post, so I'm moving it to Treatments for now. I'm not sure if it's ok for you to try to sell your unused drugs here but I - or one of the other moderators - will get back to you.

Please check out the Living With forum, and be sure to read the Welcome thread at the top of the page. That will let you know about what this website has to offer.

Welcome to the forum.

Ann

allopathicholistic:

--- Quote from: stevevaboy on July 11, 2006, 06:04:15 PM ---but at the very least direct me to a source that could put the drugs to use in a less fortunate country. 

--- End quote ---

steve, i ran across this a few months back and i bookmarked it. it's for donating ARV meds to africa

http://www.thestarfishproject.org/index.cfm

if by any chance you're in NYC then i assume you can give them directly on west 24th street (in chelsea)

stevevaboy:
Thanks for the quick responses guys!  First, I'm sure it's not legal to try to sell my surplus meds period, anywhere, but if I may get on my political soapbox for a sec, there are plenty of people right here at home suffering because our current administration's (BUSH and gang) attention is NOT at all focused on our dispicable healthcare system.  So, if I could help someone out by selling them, cheaply, my surplus drugs I have NO GUILT for doing so.  The drug and insurance company take NO responsibility for the glitch and I won't go into the whole story, but I am out $50 and still have to pay $50 for the new prescription - of course!

Secondly, if I can't help someone here and recoup my lost cash (I'm not a rich guy and the HIV diagnosis/treatment hasn't helped with that!), I will investigate the second recommendation to send them on to a charitable organization.  I don't think, technically, that's a legal avenue either since ANY prescription drug is not supposed to be transferred to another individual - am I right?

I'm an honest guy trying to do THE RIGHT thing, so sorry if I offend anyone!

Steve

jordan:

--- Quote from: allopathicholistic on July 11, 2006, 07:45:20 PM ---steve, i ran across this a few months back and i bookmarked it. it's for donating ARV meds to africa

http://www.thestarfishproject.org/index.cfm

--- End quote ---

I noticed that the other day also...sounds like a great idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version