Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

K PAX

<< < (2/2)

sfca415:
Years ago, when he was advocating not using AZT (the only thing in those days), working with people who had few choices to help them stay alive, Dr Jon Kaiser was not sellling this type of product.  Instead he was providing his recommendations for supplements to help the immune system.  I still have a xerox from his office.  Basically he called for decent doses of most vitamins and minerals, with specific antioxidents, such as Alpha Lipoic Acid, Acetyl L-Carnitine, and N-Acetyl Cysteine.  I'm still taking these today, but would never buy KPAX due to the price.

Brent:

--- Quote from: Sdgirl on July 13, 2006, 07:54:02 PM ---I went to a seminar with the doctor from the Bay area who "discovered" these vitamins.  While his information was awesome and of course you wanted to "drink the kool-aid" the monthly cost of the vitamins are upwards of $800 a month!  Pretty shitty when someone says that something might help and then makes it totally unattainable for most of us.

Lisa

--- End quote ---

Hi Lisa.  $800 a month for K-Pax vitamins?  Don't know where you got that.  I have been taking his vitamins  for 4 years and I pay $120.00 a month.  For anyone under 120 pounds it would be about $70.00 a month.
BTW: A Quote from the K-Pax site:
"As most of you know, our primary goal at K-PAX is to achieve third party coverage for K-PAX Immune Support Formula if it is prescribed by your doctor. We are working toward this goal because we believe that everyone who needs K-PAX to support their immune system should have access to it regardless of their economic status."
For people living in New York:
"If your prescription medications are currently paid for by the AIDS Drug Assistance Program (ADAP), your K-PAX Vitamins can be paid for by this program as well (effective date 7/15/05). "

Brent

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version