Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

New single combo (Sustiva/Truvada)

<< < (2/6) > >>

Cliff:
I was on Reyataz/Norvir & Truvada.  But I think the one-pill will be better suited for me, because of traveling.

lydgate:
So you're switching drug classes, from PI to NNRTI. Don't know much about that. Does your doctor agree? Jay

cubbybear:
When is this once a day single pill regimen supposed to become available, any ideas?  Im on Truvada/Sustiva and wouldnt mind changing to one pill a day when I can just for convenience sake, though Truvada was only made available in Australia since around february, so I'm guessing it might take a while to reach our shores down here anyway.

Cliff:

--- Quote from: lydgate on July 11, 2006, 06:23:29 PM ---So you're switching drug classes, from PI to NNRTI. Don't know much about that. Does your doctor agree? Jay
--- End quote ---
I haven't spoken with him (my US doctor) about it yet.  Most likely I would need to get it through the US, since it probably won't be available in the UK for a period of time after it has been approved in the US.  But I don't think he would mind.  The plan was for me to go back on my old PI regimen, but as long as there aren't any resistance issues, I don't think there will be any issues in moving to a NNRTI.

Cliff:
The drug was approved by the FDA and will be available in 7 days.  There's no timing for submitting applications outside of the US, because of negotiations needed to get Merck onboard first, (I guess Sustiva must be co-owned by Merck outside the US).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version