POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 30, 2014, 09:06:05 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
  • Total Members: 23830
  • Latest: idwu
Stats
  • Total Posts: 644019
  • Total Topics: 49018
  • Online Today: 171
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 6
Guests: 140
Total: 146

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: What a Difference a Day Makes  (Read 1333 times)

Offline cayucosguy

What a Difference a Day Makes
« on: November 18, 2007, 12:12:53 AM »
I had the most wonderful day today, with the gracious, friendly & outgoing AllanQ!

I had been in a really bad funk ever since Thursday.  It was my 4th follow-up for my HPV/anal cancer, and things didn't turn out as I was hoping.  There were new lesions, so... more cutting, more biopsies (and the 2 week wait for the results  >:( ).

And then I talked to Allan, and we made arrangements to meet under the clock tower at the Ferry building.  Good decision.

I felt comfortable and at ease the minute I saw his smile.  We had great conservation, enjoyed a terrific lunch, and I learned where the cleanest, most elegant men's rooms in all of SF are located  :)

I am more pissed-off than ever at my damned appendix bursting just days before AMG!  If my day with Allan was any indication, those three days with all the members who attended would have been one huge luv & hugs fest.  Lucky for me, I also will be getting together with JohnOso & Rich (PozAtitude) in the next few days.

I've also decided to be good to myself, take a couple extra days off work, and spend all next week here in the Bay Area.

I f'ing deserve it!

Hugs &  :-* to everyone!  Have a great weekend!

Vince 

Offline BirdBear718

Re: What a Difference a Day Makes
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 12:21:46 AM »
Glad you made the most of the day!
You deserve it!

Offline allanq

• still life with pills
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:30:00 AM »
Hi Vince,

Thanks for the kind words. I enjoyed meeting you, too, and I'm looking forward to seeing you again on Tuesday, when we will re-enact the Golden Gate Park part of the AMG.

To all those who have never met Vince -- he's a great guy! very easy and pleasant to spend time with him.

Allan
Top (Breakfast): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Zoloft (2), Glyburide (2), Aspirin
Bottom right (Dinner): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress
Bottom left (Bedtime): Sustiva, Trazodone (2), Lipitor, Septra (no longer taking this)
Center: Alprazolam (Xanax)
Not shown: various vitamins & supplements

Offline anniebc

• AM member since 2003
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 02:42:59 AM »
Hi Vince

Sorry to hear about your on going problems, like you didn't have enough to go through already..life can really be a bastard sometimes can't it...keeping you in my thoughts..stay strong and let us know when the results come in.

I'm glad you had a great time with our "AMG Ambassador" Allan, and I agree he is a wonderful man, I also enjoyed lunch with him at pier 39/49/69?..I forget the number but remember the lunch date... :D

I know you will enjoy meeting Pappa bear and Rich...have a great time with my 3 favourite San Franciscans and give them all a hug for me... ;)

Hugs
Jan :-*
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Never knock on deaths door..ring the bell and run..he really hates that.

Offline BT65

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 07:38:01 AM »
Hey Vince:

Sorry you're having to go through this, bud.  Please do let us know the results of the biopsies.  Glad you had a good day though.  I have never been to San Francisco, but hear it's awesome.  Enjoy your time off!
I've never killed anyone, but I frequently get satisfaction reading the obituary notices.-Clarence Darrow

Offline englishgirl

• ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2007, 07:46:53 AM »
good luck for the biopsy results. in the meantime have a wonderful time with some of my favourite people in the whole world and give them big hugs and lots of love from their english friend!
lots of love
xxxx
ACT NOW TO CAMPAIGN AGAINST THE TRAVEL BAN:
http://campaigning.tht.org.uk/cms/cmsloader?WfJVLp&view=11,301,1385,0,-html

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=17352.0

"I'm not keen on the idea of the afterlife - not without knowing who else will be there and what the entertainment will be. Personally I'd rather just take a rest." Oscar Berger, PWA: Looking AIDS in the Face, 1996. RIP.

Offline Ric Wilke

• I joined AIDSmed.com 10/2002.
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2007, 07:55:18 PM »
Vince,

We all missed you at AMG in SF.  I think that you would have enjoyed it as much as we would have enjoyed spending time with you.  So glad that you and Allen have connected.  He's is a super human being.  And I am certain that you will find Rich and John just as special as we all did.

I understand the situation you are facing with HPV/anal cancer.  I also deal with this, while my situation is not as far advanced as yours.  Biopsies are a real bitch.  I don't mind the waiting period for the results as much as the healing process of my back side.  I always feel like I have told a stallion, "Have at me, Big Boy."  And I never got so much as a thank you.

Take care of yourself and enjoy your time off.  Let's hope the AMG 08 will allow of us to gather together once again.

Warmest regards, Ric

« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 08:58:31 PM by Ric Wilke »

Offline david25luvit

• Member since March 2005
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2007, 11:47:12 AM »
Indeed the difference a day can make...........
thanks for making mine....
The cleanest men's rooms in SF....OMG!  I'm LMAO! :o
In Memory of
Raymond David McRae III
Nov. 25, 1972- Oct. 15, 2004
I miss him terribly..........

Offline allanq

• still life with pills
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2007, 02:59:54 PM »
Deleted this because after I posted, it seemed like a hijack of Vince's thread.

I started a new thread called "The Cleanest Restrooms"

AllanQ
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 03:21:05 PM by allanq »
Top (Breakfast): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress, Zoloft (2), Glyburide (2), Aspirin
Bottom right (Dinner): Prezista, Norvir, Isentress
Bottom left (Bedtime): Sustiva, Trazodone (2), Lipitor, Septra (no longer taking this)
Center: Alprazolam (Xanax)
Not shown: various vitamins & supplements

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.