POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 19, 2014, 06:59:56 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 649849
  • Total Topics: 49599
  • Online Today: 187
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 128
Total: 130

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: Cellulitis..(sigh)  (Read 2374 times)

Offline ubotts

Cellulitis..(sigh)
« on: November 16, 2007, 05:07:03 AM »
 :( I was visiting my aunt in the Bronx, and decided to take a walk to see if I see
any old friends of mine..
Anyway..when I was walking, It felt like my sock was crumpled up on top on my foot
in my slip on blue suede shoes..
I figured when I got home, Id fix that darn sock that gave me so much trouble as  I
walked..

When I got to my aunts home, I immediately took off my shoe, and my sock was fine.
Then I took off my sock and had a red blotch on the top of my foot right above my toes..

Well this thing got bigger and bigger, so I called the Dr's. Office to make an appt.
The 2 doctors will be gone for 2 weeks because they are attending a conference..

Now they tell me go to another place for now, and its right by you..just tell them that
joy sent you..so I call..and they need a damn referral..

Little did I know I didn't have to pick an HMO..so Monday I go to see this Dr while
mine are out of town, and this doctor told me he can help me to go back on straight
Medicaid..
I said great, because these HMO'S don't take alot of things that plain old Medicaid did.
So that will be fixed. (phew wiping the sweat from my brow)...

Anyway I couldn't wait till Monday for my Dr appt..My foot has gotten redder and it spread on the sides of my foot going up to my ankle....

I was told I had cellulitits..They said It is common when you have a low immune system.

The Doctor said it could of been a number of reasons why I got a skin infection..that's
what cellulitis is..But how did I get an infection, when there was no open wound or
scratch...nothing..

Anyway, I just got out of the ER and he put me on Clindamycin 300 mgs 4 times a day.
Plus percocet for pain...

I hope by the time I do get to the doctors office, it will have gone down with the
help of the antibiotic's....

Having a low immune system is getting to me..
After being hiv for 21 yrs now, it seems like its attacking me all at once.
Besides my foot, my face swelled up and I had huge hives..
Now that has nothing to do with my foot..so what the hell is it..

I know i have been bruising very easily, I can deal with that, but when it comes to
my face >:( I get madder than a wet hen..

Plus I got herpes above my butt, just about where the spine ends....
It seems like everythings going wrong all at once..

I feel scared for the first time since I was diagnosed 21 yrs ago..........

I feel I am going down hill fast..

I am co-infected with Hep C as well..and those numbers were though the roof, have
to have a certain blood panel test done again for that..
I had a hep b shot last year, and they want to do it again..saying it didn't take.. ???
Whats that about..

Hell I don't know... :'( I just feel like giving up..I really do..Maybe god and the cocktails
helped me to stay alive this long, and I should be thankful for that much, but I am
scared shitless when I look into my future.............ha future...if it will be it will be..

I am falling apart at the seams, and I cant get it back together..
Everything came out at once..which freaks me the fuck out big time..

Its late, I cant sleep and I needed to vent..

Thank you who took the time out to read my verbal vomit post...

I don't want to scare anyone..

This is me...we are all different even though we have the same disease..

What works for one person, doesn't always work for the other..I must be the other :'(

I am stopping all my pills and letting nature take its course..I am so tired so very tired..
The holidays are overwhelming me this year, and I just want to run away from it all.

Just not sure where to run to....at times like this I wish my mother was still alive.

She always said the right things and made good sense when I was feeling down..
But shes gone and I don't know where to turn, so here I am posting at 4:46 a.m.

Thanks for letting me vent....
You guys are the best...ciao...Serra buona ...

Gonna try to rest........I am too keyed up right now..

I think I'll smoke a doobie to take the edge off, and open some of that wine I was saving for a special occasion....

Tonight seems just right for opening up and dusting off that special bottle I had for
way too long......Salute..cheers, bottoms up, oops exept mine..ouchie there too..

Say good night Gracie...........Gracie says to George, Good night Gracie ;)
Live Love Laugh and dance like no ones watching.
Laughter is the best medicine, so try to have a laugh everyday..Even if your not feeling your best, think about something that was funny at one time in your life and work with it..   :o)

Offline aztecan

• 29 years positive, 57 years a pain in the butt
Re: Cellulitis..(sigh)
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 08:48:30 PM »
Hey Ubotts,

I hear you. After 22 years, seems like things started to happen all at once for me too.

All we can do is take a day at a time and hope for the best.

I don't smoke the green, cause it makes me ill (allergic). But, a nice glass of wine or two sounds like a great idea.

Hang in there. We are hiking this path together and sometimes we all end up stumbling over the rocks.

HUGS,

Mark
"May your life preach more loudly than your lips."
~ William Ellery Channing (Unitarian Minister)

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.