POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 01, 2014, 05:21:49 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640650
  • Total Topics: 48665
  • Online Today: 181
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 124
Total: 126

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Poll

Have you been tested for Hep. C Virus yet?

Have you had the Hep. C virus test yet?
1 (8.3%)
Did You Test Positive?
0 (0%)
Did You Test Negative?
11 (91.7%)
If you tested Poz will you start treatment?
0 (0%)
Id you tested poz will you have a liver biopsy for stagiing?
0 (0%)
If recommended will you go on combination therapy?
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: December 13, 2007, 03:13:14 PM

Author Topic: Dual Diagnosis.  (Read 813 times)

Offline RonG20YRSpoz

• All tied up!
Dual Diagnosis.
« on: November 13, 2007, 03:13:14 PM »
I started this poll before but didn't get a good response.  Thanks to those of you that did.  I have had hiv for 20 years and Hep C Virus for 11 years.  I have been on combo treatment for 4 years and each time get a remission from the HCV, viral neg., but within 6 months it comes back.  The good next is I had a liver biopsy 10 years ago and was Stage One and after 10 years I had another liver biopsy and still am at stage 1, mild fibroses. The docs said if I did nothing for that 10 years I would probably have Cirrhosis of the liver or Cancer of the liver by now.  The treatment is rough but the med. team is very supportive and got me through with everything, meds for pain, nausea, headaches, body aches, etc.  Also you adjust after the first 2 months on and it is 12 months of treatment so I got by.  I also go depressed but the more I went outside and did things and went with friends, they had to drag me along, lol, I felt better.  I was about to go back on low dose long term therapy but my viral load is so low now my doctor says to wait.  My advise, get treatment.  Slow this silent killer down.  People are dying from liver disease and not HIV now and if you are coninfected try to treat it.  You can do it if I can is my motto.  I wanted to give up but my friends and family pushed me forward.  I am grateful to them and to forums like this where I  gain a lot of support.  So thanks to all, and love one another, share the good times and the bad and try to get through each day.  My love to a great group of people......Ron

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2007, 03:15:17 PM by RonG20YRSpoz »
20 years with HIV, 10 years with HCV and still rocking.  Do yourselves a favor, do a lot of research on reputable sites, find a multidisciplinary care team, think POZ., no more fun drugs booze, eat well, enjoy good safe sex a lot, and network in forums like this where there some people with knowledge.  Otherwise get a health care advocate through your local A.S.O.   Smile and be adventurous.  Help your peers and my best to you all!

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.