Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

ATRIPLA is driving me NUTS!!!

(1/5) > >>

pozguy75:
My doctor has increased the dosage of Paxil to help ease my anxiety issues...I am seeing a new therapist to assist me in working through some other issues...I am thinking about talking to the doctor regarding the possibility of switching my meds. I will give the Paxil time to work, but I just don't know if  will be handle the long term mental mind fuck...

I know others have posted this before...but I have to say...this sucks! >:(

Peter6836:
I understand all too well. The anxiety gets to me sometimes too. It is just such a shame that the Atripla is doing a decent job with my immune system and I have this fear of changing to something else. My doctor and I keep playing with my meds as well hoping to hit on a combination that will work well. I understand the frustration you are going through. Keep trying to sort things out, just do not let the mind fuck get the best of you.
Peter

Andy Velez:
Poz, would it be helpful to you for you to talk more specifically about your anxiety? That's an offer and not a demand if it would do you some good.

Sometimes putting things into words however you do it can be a relief. I'm not suggesting this as a replacement for therapy sessions but rather just some additional support.

Just sayin'...

pozguy75:

--- Quote from: Andy Velez on November 07, 2007, 08:27:45 PM ---Poz, would it be helpful to you for you to talk more specifically about your anxiety? That's an offer and not a demand if it would do you some good.

Sometimes putting things into words however you do it can be a relief. I'm not suggesting this as a replacement for therapy sessions but rather just some additional support.

Just sayin'...

--- End quote ---

Well, I think possibly the real question is: Is ATRIPLA contributing to my anxiety or is it magnifying the existing anxiety that I am already experiencing.

Just this week I have started to see a new therapist as well, and I see her again next week.

Miss Philicia:
Best of luck -- anxiety sucks.  I've had it for 7 years (with no Atripla) so hopefully a switch in meds will help you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version